Old nutes

NeilNM

420 Member
I started a grow using some GH 3 part nutes which I had bought many years ago as they had worked well back then.
I followed the GH feed chart exactly for the seedling phase using drain to waste; 2ml micro, 1ml grow, 1ml bloom, and as I'm using RO water 0.5ml CalMag. GH chart shows to dilute down to the 200 to 250 PPM range, but I'm only getting about 75 PPM when mixed. I've used several meters and they all show around the same.
Do GH nutes weaken or change over time?

Absoulty they are organic and over time they break down unless they have some preservatives in them like Scotts crap, or if they are designed to be time released. There is usually a date on the package which in general they are still good up to 6 months after the expiration date.

hmm they are usually on the bottom and can sometimes get worn off or rub off especially if they get wet. I used to be a big customer of GH but since Hawthorne Gardening (Who's parent company is Scotts Mircale Grow) I refuse to do any business with them. I have since changed to using Advanced Nutrients and Fox Farm. Both have produced great results

IMG_20190803_130955976.jpg

IMG_20190803_131023877.jpg

IMG_20190803_131205581_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom