Older leaves turning yellow and dying?

cannalearna

I have been testing my soil run off and the PH seems a little high so I gave it some slightly acidic water to adjust, but plants don't seem to be getting better and I don't want to shock them. They have been flowering for a week and already showing. I was wondering if this was a nitrogen deficiency? Here is some pics...
Female_2.jpg

Female_1.jpg

The bottom leaves are rolling over and curling down also.

Or maybe heat stress, but I would imagine that to hurt the whole plant. Got to hot one whole day 90 F.

I know this is not a lot of info, but I am doing the best with what I have. Should have proper supplies this weekend.

Any help till then will be appreciated.

how old is the plant. and do you see any signs of flowering? when flowering the bottome leaves die off, beacause the plant uses the energy to make buds!! might be the normal flowering period. but depends on how old the plant is -,-

Without knowing how old the plants are and what your feeding them, I am going to be conservative and say it is possible it is Nitrogen deficiency. :peace:

if they are floweringing you don't need N... you need P levels high. nitro levles low. I say its because its flowering and you have nothing to worry about. just keep it watering and watch the babby grow.

if they are floweringing you don't need N... you need P levels high. nitro levles low. I say its because its flowering and you have nothing to worry about. just keep it watering and watch the babby grow.

That is correct to an extent. Nitrogen is still necessary for all stages of the plants growth. While it is true Nitrogen is not required in flowering as much as it is needed during the veg. period, but it is still required.

Furthermore, if what we are looking at is Nitrogen deficiency we must correct that deficiency and the only way to do it is give the plant Nitrogen, this is regardless of the plants stage of growth. :peace:

Here are some more pics...

Yellow_4.jpg

Yellow_3.jpg

Yellow_2.jpg

Yellow_1.jpg

I've been trying to lower the PH slowly with PH down for aquariums. The PH meter I have does not work well. It says my soil is neutral (7). I just fed 1/2 strength bloom booster saturday, now they seem like they are burning a little (was due for feeding).

Would sodium poisoning look like this? I fed my plants veggie water a month ago. I didn't use salt when I cooked the veggies.

That is correct to an extent. Nitrogen is still necessary for all stages of the plants growth. While it is true Nitrogen is not required in flowering as much as it is needed during the veg. period, but it is still required.

Furthermore, if what we are looking at is Nitrogen deficiency we must correct that deficiency and the only way to do it is give the plant Nitrogen, this is regardless of the plants stage of growth. :peace:

Yes, ofcorse there will still be "some nitrogen" in any stage, but you wont be feeding it as you were in flowering. When using bloom fert, it lowers the N and increases the P levels. I was trying to explain that his problem doesn't seem to be a nitrogen deficiency because he is in the flowering stage, which in the flowering stage, the bottom leaves die off inorder to feed the buds. This looks normal to me.

I just fed 1/2 strength bloom booster saturday, now they seem like they are burning a little (was due for feeding).

Yes, that could be overfeeding if it looks to be burnt. How long have you been feeding it the bloom booster? Was this the first feed? If so, you should have done 1/4 strength. also what is your feeding schedule... 1x a week 2x a week... You have a small plant there, so remember that she will be very delicate. Try and lower the amount you are feeding until it can withstand the dossage. Feeding is very complicated, If you don't know how much your using, or the propper amounts to be using, this could ruin your grow. So becareful. Also... M/G blows, but I know its hard to find anything out in the stores now a days. You might want to search online for some other stuff to use, because I have noticed while using MG it just doesn't have the right
N-P-K levels. good luck man.

I think my nitrogen was getting a little locked out from my PH being high and that's why they started showing in under a week. The yellowing has seemed to stop for now at the second set of leaves (the three leaflet branch). Both bottom branches are dying though.

I have fed bloom booster twice, first 1/4 strength then 1/2 strength.

Back
Top Bottom