help! older leaves turning yellow

roughneck 102

20141215_115406.jpg
20141215_115418.jpg
20141215_115428.jpg
20141215_115442.jpg
Ok so I'm a new grower this is my new problem...some of my older leaves are starting to yellow, and my newer top leaves are yellowing at the tips one of the new leaves is kinda twisted what am I doing wrong? I have already been told I screwed up by planting both in the same pot other than that I have them under 4 6500k cfls that I just moved up to about 10" away from the plants they were about 4" away haven't started any nutrients yet...I water them about every 2 to 3 days with 7 ph water...they are in miracle grow potting soil which I've been told was a mistake as well.also some of the bottom leaves look like they are kinda wilted...last bit I ordered a humidity/temp gauge that hasn't come in yet but the temp stays around 78 and I have a humidifier that's on the lowest setting please help!

OK, we need some more information to give useful advice. Here's the Sticky checklist:

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

And, I'll add, photos are vital please.

I have no idea what strain got the seeds from a friend...they have been in vegetative stage for about 3 weeks indoor grow cabinet 3ft wide x 4ft tall by 3ft deep no pests that I have seen 4 6500k 100 watt equivalent pot they are growing in is about 8" tall no fan cuz only cuz I can't find one in any store this time of year but temp doesn't get over 80 so I don't believe it's an issue

I'm no expert but I'm going to help by telling you things to do that will do no harm.

Firstly, they don't look bad at all. I'm a new grower too and I know how little leaf problems can worry one. A wise man here, Relaxed Lester, reminded me once that they are plants. Every leaf is not going to be perfect.

Secondly, I see your concerns. It looks like a nute problem but I'm reluctant to diagnose given the bad things I've read about Miracle Grow. So you should go step by step. When they next need watering give them a damn good flush. That never hurts and can only help to rid you of the soil problem which I believe it is because your lighting sounds fine. An extractor fan is very important however. The air needs to be exchanged every few minutes.

Thirdly as you know and separate from the leaf issue, the long term and more important problem is that you are severely restricting growth by two in one pot. I have read nothing about separating cannabis plants at this stage but if it was me I'd consider it. I've done the same hundreds of times with green veg with no problems. Risk / Reward and all that. It's all good learning.

Nutrient Issue: from what I've read about MG soil, it's probably an over nutrient problem. That soil has slow release nutes in it and until at least 3 or 4 weeks the plants need nothing. So you must try and get to a solid soil foundation first. Hence the flush.

Air Issue: The air in your space must be exchanged every minute or two. You will need an extractor fan set up. You can calculate the size of fan needed from information on 420. Just search - it's here. As far as air intake is concerned, if you have a room (vs tent) you'll need to decide if you need active (ie fan) or passive input. The chances are you'll be fine with passive, but I don't know the room set-up.

Re Potting Issue: It's a difficult call. I myself, with no great necessity for success, and experience re potting my own vegetables, would gently prise them apart and plant them in more appropriate soil, so there's a double benefit. But still a risk of course. You have to make that call.

Ask any questions. I'll help if I can and others will be along too.

Be gentle with the root system, it's easier to separate with dry soil than wet. Other than that wait to give them nutes until 2-3 week of flower, they look excellent! The yellowing leaves could be age related or because they are close to the soil as well as touching the pot. As the plant grows leaves do fall off naturally this way. As for a fan, there are a few inexpensive heaters with fan mode only to get you through till the warmer weather.
Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom