Orosi Ranch Owner Sentenced to 10 Years for Growing Marijuana

Weedpipe

420 Member
A man accused running a marijuana growing operation at his Orosi avocado ranch was sentenced earlier this month 10 years in prison by a federal judge after pleading guilty to federal drug charges.

In addition, Perry Lee Willmore, 58, of Temecula, who pleaded guilty to counts of conspiring to manufacture and distribute marijuana, was ordered on Dec. 7 to forfeit $94,583 in cashed seized by law enforcement as well as his ownership of the more than 40-acre ranch where authorities say he grew marijuana.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Elana Landau, who prosecuted the case, said in a written statement that in September 2006, Willmore bought an avocado ranch at an undisclosed location in Orosi and used the trees as cover for a marijuana grow operation. A home on the property was used as a processing site, Landau reported.

"Basically, a good Samaritan had seen [the grow site] and reported it" to Tulare County Sheriff's deputies in October 2008, she said in a phone interview.

A few days later, investigators raided the ranch, where they arrested four workers and confiscated 9,319 marijuana plants

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Visalia Times
Author: DAVID CASTELLON
Copyright: 2009 Visalia Times
Website:Orosi ranch owner sentenced to 10 years for growing marijuana

I hear that Brother,, Shameful. :roorrip:

I agree with Pythaglio; Good samaritan!!?? On the other hand I have to say, I am always stunned when I read about "thousands of plants"...this guy could make a killing with just a small percentage of that grow. Risk is part of our challenge however foolish greed has taken down more then a few major crops. A grower who knows what their doing can take down, after expenses, $700-$800,000.00 with under 99 plants, couple of years of that and your sitting pretty.

Back
Top Bottom