Outdoor Grower Coming Inside - Help?

TheCropKing

Hey guys,

As the title says, I am a previous outdoor grower looking to make the switch and come indoors. I have been doing a lot of research but I keep finding my self back to the start the deeper I get. I need some guidance from the pros here.. I will explain what I want and maybe someone can push me in the right general direction as I am very overwhelmed.

I want to have 2 separate grow areas (TENTS). One for VEG, One for FLOWER. So I have plants going into flower every 8 weeks.

I would like to yield around a pound or 2 every 8 weeks and I am hoping that is possible without taking up am entire basement?

LED VS HPS? I'm lost here? I obviously don't want an electric bill threw the roof, heat issues, or a lot of noise from extra fans but is LED just as qualified to get the job done and will cut those other head ache out?

What size tents am I looking at here? Does it make sense to have a smaller veg tent with a smaller light and make a bigger flower tent with more wattage?

I'm happy if I see 2-4 ounces from a plant lol. But this guy is a great grower, and says he averages about 1lb per plant, it's a great place to start to check out his setup: Nwgrower's Medical 10k Grow

You might not see 1lb per plant, but I'm sure there's a lot of great information there we can all learn from.

If a high electric bill (running ballast/lights/additional fans), and heat issues are things you absolutely want to avoid, an LED might be your best option. There are a ton of amazing LED lights available, and they're producing results similar to HID systems. List of sponsors: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®
LED lights will start at about $70, and go all the way into the $1500 range. I'm using a $100 model, and expect to see 2 ounces easy, possibly 3. Multiply that x the number of plants you'll be growing.

How many plants will you be growing? That'll give us a good idea how much you need to yield per plant.

The tent only needs to big enough for your plants. A smaller Veg tent would be fine. What yields were you seeing on average on your outdoor grows?

I'm not sure how many I want to grow to be honest.. I have 20' by 10' available space. I would like to use less than that of possible tho lol.. I just want to make sure I have a veg room and flower room so I have non stop production happening. What would you guys recommend on room sizes, and light sizes.

hiya

You might want to have a look at my indoor grow room plan.

I have a small room 10' x 7'
i'm having the flower area in open space while the veg and breeding areas will be in cabinets.
In the 5'x7' area i'll be growing 20 plants.
I've arrived at this figure by using a tailor's tape measure to measure the circumference of my fattest girl [in current grow].
I don't veg for long though, like, 5 nodes max, so that's how i'm getting 20 in.
As for lighting; I've got a small LED unit but i'm still dithering over the tech, i'm leaning towards a second HPS. Just my opinion.
In terms of division of resources; your flowering area will always require the bulk.

We need to know how big you veg to.

Back
Top Bottom