Outdoor plants hiding from rain

Gor4n

420 Member
Hi, dear fellow growers,

My 2 outdoor plants (pot) just started to flower last week and because I had really bad experiences with rain last season, I'm hiding them always, when I see a rain possibility. I have a nice place in my house for that, a winter garden, that has much of light throughout the day (walls made from windows) but no direct sunlight (roof has no window). The plants get in the room some partly sun for 5 hours (from morning till midday 11AM) until the sun turns to the other side of the room.

For example, It was raining for 2 days, now the sun is out, but there will be storms at night, so they are now in the glass room for that amount of time and thats why I'm concerned, that I lose yields because I'm hiding them from direct sun light. So I'm concidering, if its making sense to put them back out on the sun for 3 hours until the storms start and then put them back in...maybe it doesn't make sense because 3 more hours of sun wont change nothing :))

Does anybody have some experience with that?
Am I loosing the yields right now, or is the lack of 7hrs/day direct sunlight not a big difference ( if you count that they are in a winter garden)?

Am I too concerned about this? That's why I'm looking for some experience here :) I think it's a stupid question for an experienced guy that has outdoor pots, but I just want peace in my head, I'm caring for them like they are children :D

Thanks in advance and apologies if its a stupid thread :)

I need to add, that I'm working from morning untill afternoon, thats why I need to make a decision in the morning, if I leave them out or hide them inside from rain, because I can't move them in that time, thats why the questions about direct sunlight - yields. So now I'm almost a weather forecaster xD

You are probably worrying about the molds that get into the flower bud in the later fall. Some growers have had a problem where late season rains do not dry out on the bud because of how tightly compacted that part of the plant gets. If it gets to much rain water in the bud and it does not get enough sun and breeze the water can contribute to a mold problem. Rain on those cool late fall days and nights are the problem.

This time of year the rain is actually helping water the plant. Most of the outdoor growers I have met want their plants to get as much sunlight as possible for as long into the fall as possible. Then when those days, usually just before the first frost of the late autumn they will start to harvest everything they can.

Plus, it might not be a good idea to keep moving the plant in and out of the house unnecessarily. Each time you pick it up you have the chance of damaging roots or branches or even the stem. All of this is nothing compared to accidentally dropping the plant or breaking a window or, in my case, causing a problem with my back.
////

Back
Top Bottom