Pc Case Grow

Se-R4

Well I was inspired to use my old pc case (not sure dimensions, in storage at moment) for a single plant. I'm looking and looking for info but cant find much on the forum for pc cases, except for grngrl's post on her premade box. anyone feel like helping a new noob out?

:thanks: :cheer: :adore: :helpsmilie: :passitleft:

hey i have a little grow going in an aquarium and am thinking of moving into a pc case

my idea is as follows:

get a pc case, completely seal it, to make an airtight box inside it

use a power supply box, and hollow it out, put a ton of activated carbon in it and make the fans work

have a plant or 2 inside screen of green type grow. i mite do it hydro, cuz i seen such good results with hydro.

my bucket or wherever roots are going idk how ima work it out, but yea. basicly thats how ima do it..... any ideas would be cool

unscrew, then unscrew alot of the junk in it, make sure not to break anyhting.

make sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee you power it off and by using a screw driver with a plastic handle, discharge teh capacitors before u screw around in there. those capacitors hold alot of electricity, and will shock you.

as for after its clean, google how to wire the fans with an adapter.

a trick i learned reading on this forum is to make a carbon filter, unscrew the fan, stetch a panty hoe over the hole and put the fan back on, do it in away the activated carbon wont go in the fans. fill the psu box with the stuff and close it back up after testing it

i jsut gave an idea / concept, i have not done this yet. (although i have taken a psu apart b4). best of luck and post pics if u do it and it works!!!
:peace:

The hardest part of this will be to keep the PC case completely sealed off. Whats the point of a stealth PC grow, if light is leaking out of into a dark room, making it completely obvious that your "computer" isn't quite a computer.

I would either buy a rectangular pot that fits in the case well, OR make my own to utilize most of the grow area. Circular pots are going to waste a lot of floor space. The health and size of the roots directly affect the health and size and yield of the plant. So utilize as much floor area of the case as possible to insure your plants aren't going to get rootbound.

If you're growing Lowryder strains, you could be well off without the use of any plant training. If not, read into LST training and SCROG.

You need around 45+ Watts of light per square foot of growing area, so around 80-120w should do you well in a PC case.

Good luck and keep us posted.

no like, hollow out all the drive bays, and clean the case out real good. have everything in tact in the front. then line the inside with mylar and the case cover too. make a way that when the case closes that it seals itself, like with perhaps some thin foam around the edges. but on the part with the power supply, there will be no light escaping, because like, it will be filled with activated carbon pebbles, and so it will not let light thru. i am going to try to draw something up on paint. lol

Back
Top Bottom