Plant saved from nutrient lockout, what should i expect from it now?

Prfectlysober

I had a plant that got to the third week of flowering and the nutrients got locked out rather quickly, this was because I had yet to do any adjusting to my pH. Now that I have got a pH meter, I have saved the plant and new growth has begun all over the budding sites, but its extremely slow, and the plant is drinking water about 4 times as slow. After it had enough time to get some new growth, all the rest of its leaves had been destroyed in that time frame and lost all of it, and this is what the plant looks like now. It is now day 34 of flower, and what I have noticed is that even though the flowers are showing new growth, all the hairs are still all brown as if finishing its life cycle early because of this. Any stories of other growers who have had stressed plants that still managed to produce an okay yield? What should I expect my plant to be able to accomplish in 3-5 weeks time as long as the pH is properly adjusted and the plant is fed correctly from this point on? Any comments are appreciated really, hopefully someone can learn something from my mistake.

IMG_087811.JPG

Man, that SUX to have that happen mid flower-- i'm on my 1st grow & that is a dreaded nightmare of mines... being as i'm just learning i'd grow it out to see what comes of it... if I had the extra space for experimental growing that is.
I'd def. check trich development, c where its @ n f it suffered any from the lockout-- you want the plant to produce healthy trichs rich w/ THC... & not spending time repairing itself to make more THC. u may be better off just harvesting what u got.

I did put a couple've plants thru some nutrient burn during early veg, & as far as i can tell they seem like they shaked that off pretty good & r motoring along nicely-- but burn/lockout that late n the grow... sorry can't b of more help.
Aloha!

check for seed development.

normally when the hairs start browning rapidly, it could mean shes been seeded.

keep in mind some strains get brown hairs anywhere from week 2 to week 8 so it may not be abnormal for your strain to have brown/red pistils early on. my kalashnikova has had brown pistils almost since the begining of flower, but isnt stressed, and isnt pollenated, and is still growing strong and producing great.

with that said, i suppose the stress could have caused her to try and mature quickly, but i personally have never seen that ( but iv also never had the misfortune to have her lock out mid flower either...) but im not saying it cant happen.

as livenburn said, check trich's... you may have to harvest early if they are maturing rapidly.

but on the other hand, she might push out some new leaves, and start foxtailing back to life. in which case, personally i'd let her continue. but its ultimately up to you.

just in case anyone was wondering, I checked the trich's under a x25 microscope and they are still almost all clear, and actually a few white hairs are finally appearing again, its still growing very slow, but I plan to go to 8 weeks (it will be at 6 on Monday) and see what it looks like from there. At the end of this I will take a picture, just in case one day someone else almost kills a plant and want to see whats possible on the turnaround.

thanks for getting back!

id love to see the turnout

they are pretty resilient plants... but, sucks it happened durring flower :( but at least you have a ph meter now.. live and learn, and apply it to the next one. :)

good luck bud!

man i think ur gonna go over 8weeks f she's growin out of it-- which might work n ur favor... definitely'll b around 4 n end report, thx 4 postin' it

so im just checkin in for an update on the plant, it finished its 7th week on monday, after about 3 weeks of it being almost at a complete halt in growing, i decided to go with my original idea of transplanting it too. This plant had started growing back in the end of march, and its height is the same as other plants in the tent except its stem is three times as thick. Made me think that being root bound was a part of the problem as well, so I transplanted from a 5 gal to a 10 gal, and after 24 hours the trichonome development has improved dramatically on the tops of the buds, I will be trying to push this plant to its 10th week, giving it a little time to enjoy this final transplant. By the way, for the transplant to reduce stress i just cut the pot off around it, to keep the soil undisturbed. It's hard to fail that way, you just lose your plastic pot :). I will post a pic near the end when enough changes have happened.

just figured I would at least post a final picture, what i noticed is that although it never really went back into producing new flowers, it did eventually start to put new crystals on and continue fattening the buds. Just too much damage done though to get a truly great yield, but it was 32 grams dried, taste was worse, high was shorter (possibly also because it was only flowered 8 weeks). I ended up using all of the bud to make some hash oil though and the stuff was killer. There is always a way to utilize that thc, no matter how poorly grown the plant.

final2.JPG

as a trade off also, it lost some of its lower branches over time as well, probably because it didn't have the leaf support to take care of them, but the branches were basically bare so its not like loosing them was any more of a problem.. :)

Back
Top Bottom