Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Cateros (December) - Mystery Plant

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Plant of the Year Contest.

During the past 12 months, we've been treated to the creme de la creme' of strains, grow demonstrations, and world class photography.

Now's the time to stand up and decide who grew the best bush :surf:

Below, for your Canna-voting pleasure, are the eligible first place winners from each of the monthly contest threads of 2010.

The sole winner earns 420 reputation points, the title Plant of the Year, and a prize package to be revealed shortly ;)

greenisland (May) - UK Cheese
res41.jpg

res3.jpg

irishboy (April) - Hindu Skunk
day_49_6_of_flower_001_600x449.jpg

day_49_of_flower_018_600x4491.jpg

Hogdady (June) - GDP
S6300750_1600x1200_.JPG

S6300752_1600x1200_.JPG

Odin (July Tie) - Cotton Candy
beautiful6.jpg

cc11.jpg

greenisland (July Tie) - GDP
010281.JPG

016155.JPG

Odin (August) - Diesel Goo
dgootwintowers.jpg

dg2.jpg

Woodsman (September/October) - Bagweed #2 aka Pink Lady
Pink_Lady_Bagweed_-_420_Contest_Pic_11.JPG

DSCN15871.JPG

Bassplayer (November) - Medijuana
DSC_07272.jpg

DSC_07233.jpg

Cateros (December) - Mystery Plant
DSCF25021.JPG

DSCF24991.JPG

:cheer: Exercise your 420th amendment :cheer:

wow,,beautiful plants all!! :goodjob: You all have much to be proud of!! Gonna be a very hard decision to make to pick just one. :thanks: Would love to sample each one!!:lot-o-toke:

How about some info on these beauties. Strains, veg/flower times, hydro/soil?
Great looking plants though. You are all to be commended.

I agree with cabelasdad about including same basic info on these plants. There are so many beautiful plants in this year's contenders for sure:tokin: And I'm sure most of these submitted beauties have lots of details included in their respective journals, however it would be a really nice addition to at least know the strain and anything else about the plants that would be of interest as maybe a brief info section on each entry. Good Luck to all and thanks for sharing your fantastic work with our 420 family!!:goodluck::hookah::cheer:

Ok so my entry... she is 1 of 2 girls from my second grow and is a clone from my first grow which was just 1 plant.
Pics were taken at 56 days into flower. Strain is Medijuana... she is in a 3 liter airpot, was vegged under cfls for around 6 weeks, flowered under 400w hps. She was fed with biobizz nutes as per their feeding chart, plus molasses(tate n lyles black treacle) and extra C02 from diy yeast/sugar mix.
:thanks: for voting, keep em coming:ganjamon:
:peacetwo:Bassplayer

BassPlayer, Thanks for adding that info!:thanks: I have read your journal and I am very impressed with your work!!:bravo: You have definately presented a solid contender for POY. Good Luck and thanks again for sharing your good work:party:

Good luck everyone! All BEAUTIFUL plants. :bravo:

As for information about my entries, here ya go. :grinjoint:

The July entry is a Northern California outdoor Cotton Candy. Can't give specifics on the veg or flower time as I left that up to mother nature and went with the flow. All soil grown from seed.

cc11.jpg

The August entry is another Northern California outdoor. This plant is a Diesel Goo. Same as before, all soil, seed start.

dg2.jpg

Both were grown using a homemade blend of all natural soil and ingredients. Only nutrients used were fish emulsion, bat guano, and molasses.

Good luck everyone!! :rollit:

Hey well my strain was grown in promix using the kiss method which is to say 1 1/2 tsp of maxi bloom every other feed from seed to flower with additive of liquid koolbloom after 2 weeks into flower, the strain is actually a complete mystery I found a plant growin this summer that looked really nice and didnt want to steal anyones grow so I took a couple of cuttings from the plant brought them home and ended up with this beauty,
DSCF25021.JPG

the strain is actually a complete mystery I found a plant growin this summer that looked really nice and didnt want to steal anyones grow so I took a couple of cuttings from the plant brought them home and ended up with this beauty,

So because you only stole a little, it somehow makes it okay? :scratchinghead:

So because you only stole a little, it somehow makes it okay? :scratchinghead:
I should be more specific this plant was growing in a field that is part of a park where lots of the local teens go to smoke and the original was still there after the first snowfall, Obviously kids tossing there seeds it wasnt like this plant was being actively hidden or anything it was actually competely for life among the other summer bushes and weeds.
We are talking about a 3 foot indica growing right along the edge of a public trail in a park. If anything I probably preserved this plants genetics.

In fact where I live the cops often are pulling wild plants from along the side of the creeks around our town as we have those fenced in run off creeks that are surrounded by trees on both sides and make great places for the local teens to go and hang out of site in the summer.

And the fact of the matter really comes down to if you put a mj plant right out on a public place do you really expect it to survive or were you making busy work for the cops????

Great post Cateros!! I vote for continuing the strain!! That shit looks dank as hell! And big kudos for having the balls to get the cuttings in a public place and get away with it!

If it was public, I would have done the same, especially in a park setting like that - you know that is not anyones stealth grow, just a seed some one dropped.

Good luck everyone! All BEAUTIFUL plants. :bravo:

As for information about my entries, here ya go. :grinjoint:

The July entry is a Northern California outdoor Cotton Candy. Can't give specifics on the veg or flower time as I left that up to mother nature and went with the flow. All soil grown from seed.

cc11.jpg

The August entry is another Northern California outdoor. This plant is a Diesel Goo. Same as before, all soil, seed start.

dg2.jpg

Both were grown using a homemade blend of all natural soil and ingredients. Only nutrients used were fish emulsion, bat guano, and molasses.

Good luck everyone!! :rollit:
Outstanding bro!! if only you had another shot of the whole plant, right now I might vote for bud of the month but kind of hard, this might be almost the whole plant as far as we can tell from this pic. Looks dank as hell and really nice and dense, especially outdoor, but like I said, need whole plant pic dangit!@!

One more thing - I really wanted to vote for Irishboy, his LED grows have done wonders for this forum, if Cateros hadn't been so damned lucky finding that strain!!!

I really enjoy seeing people talk about irishboy and setting suns grows on the other journals (i belong to about 8 or 10, lose track of them all the time - doh!!). Keep up the good work, everybody!! Holy crap, anybody look at potm contest this month? WOW!!!

Outstanding bro!! if only you had another shot of the whole plant, right now I might vote for bud of the month but kind of hard, this might be almost the whole plant as far as we can tell from this pic. Looks dank as hell and really nice and dense, especially outdoor, but like I said, need whole plant pic dangit!@!

Thanks!!

They were each about 6-8 feet tall, wider than my arms outstretched. These were the top colas. Photos of an entire plant are boring IMO, unless its some 14 foot monster. To me anyone can grow a bush, big or small, its about the quality of what that bush is comprised of.

This was the only pic of the entire plant I could find. I don't have one of the Cotton Candy, but it was about the same size. Like I said, rather boring since you can't even make out the buds in great detail. Thats why I didn't post it, and posted the pics I did instead.

DSC04300.jpg

Definitely not the whole plant as you can see... :thumb:

Thanks!!

They were each about 6-8 feet tall, wider than my arms outstretched. These were the top colas. Photos of an entire plant are boring IMO, unless its some 14 foot monster. To me anyone can grow a bush, big or small, its about the quality of what that bush is comprised of.

This was the only pic of the entire plant I could find. I don't have one of the Cotton Candy, but it was about the same size. Like I said, rather boring since you can't even make out the buds in great detail. Thats why I didn't post it, and posted the pics I did instead.

DSC04300.jpg

Definitely not the whole plant as you can see... :thumb:

Holy crap!! If you would have followed this with that bud, damn, thats about 15 of all the other plants combined!! I would have FOR SURE voted for you!! Almost did, anyway, just had to see the whole thing to be fair to all the other plants.

This is one of the things i hate about indoors - restrained by the environment. Makes me want to build a shed with a celler and no floor, just about 6 feet down, maybe space for 4 or so 100 gal planters and enough light to get thru to the middle!!

Back
Top Bottom