Please confirm that this is nute burn

WarBux79

Hi, I think my little plant has nute burn and I would like to confirm. I changed the reservoir water two days ago and went from about 550 PPM to 220 PPM when I first saw signs of the tips yellowing like this. This started 4 days ago. After changing the water it has gotten worse and I dont know if it will start getting better or if I need to put it somewhere that just gets straight water for awhile. Every other plant is doing fine. Including ones that are much smaller then this one.

If I give it straight water for awhile I would need to transplant it into something else for a few days and I dont really have anywhere to put it. Will it be alright in the current reservoir?

P1000335.JPG

P10003341.JPG

Is that the biggest of all the plants?

Looks maybe like a lil burn.. Do you have pics of everyone?

What nutes are you using and what pH are you at?

Except for those 2 leaves looks healthy.. Are you sure they didnt burn a while back and the plant has since recovered?

I would get the nutes back up to 400-500 or so and not risk starving everyone.

Is that the biggest of all the plants?

Looks maybe like a lil burn.. Do you have pics of everyone?

What nutes are you using and what pH are you at?

Except for those 2 leaves looks healthy.. Are you sure they didnt burn a while back and the plant has since recovered?

I would get the nutes back up to 400-500 or so and not risk starving everyone.

My PH has been steady at 5.5 - 6
I am using MoonDust nutes.
Humidity is between 45-75%
Temps are between 75 and 84.

The one in question is the 2nd biggest and was germinated on the 9th It looks like its getting worse over the past two days. The biggest is the one below and was germinated about 4 days before this one. Because of its size I have been foiliar feeding it Spray n Grow to help make up for the lower nute levels in the reservoir.

P1000332.JPG

P10003331.JPG

The rest are from 4 to 10 days old they are just now getting there roots in the reservoir and having there 2nd set of real leaves get noticeable. All the rest look very healthy like below.
P10003361.JPG

I built an area that can hold one plant. It has a light and a bubbler in a mcdonalds coffee cup. I can put one netcup in it and about 20 oz of water.
P10003371.JPG

I could leave the injured plant in there with my tap water about 110 ppm left open to evaporate the bad stuff.

I can put the biggest plant in there and give her a higher nut solution until the others can handle the higher nute levels

I can put the injured one back in the setup and leave the water at the low nute levels

or I can raise the nute levels in the current reservoir and leave the injured one in tap water.

What do you think?

By worse do you mean it is spreading or is the effected area just getting worse but not really spreading? If you burn a plant the effected area will get worse and completely die off even if the problem is corrected. The key is for it not too spread.

You can keep it isolated but I fear that ittle cup cannot support it very long. I would put back in the main res if the area of the issue is not growing.

Looking at it up close the tips of two other leaves are slightly burnt too I think. Just the very tip of one side. I assume its going to die off too then =(

if its just the tip dont sweat it. We all get crispy tips from tim to time. Its when the margins and areas between the veins get chlorosis you can be pretty sure the leaf will not recover.

If everything is stable I would slowly increase your ppm. If your new growth is slow and looking sort of pail in color then you should raise 200-300 ppm and see if it darkens up a bit over the next few days.

Just always make small adjustments. Its always easier to recover from under feeding than over feeding.

Alright thanks for the tips. That plant seems to be really temperamental compared to all the other plants. I am running my nutes at about 780 now and all of the plants love it except that one. They are all at least 10 days younger then that plant and dont have any signs of stress. That plant is showing some signs of nute burn on some of the leaves. I really hate to back it down because thats the only plant that is showing signs of nute burn and it doesnt seem really bad its just the tips of a few leaves.

Back
Top Bottom