Potassium sorbate

It's normally used post harvest in some crops, and it's also used as a anti-microbial in coating seeds. It could work, but the PPM's needed for it to be effective might cause damage to a growing plant. Might be worth a try?? It can be a skin irritant to sensitive persons (allergies).

I’m going to get some potassium sorbate at a local wine making store tomorrow and try it on a test spot to see if it causes any damage to the plant. I was also wondering if it was used as a wash after harvest it might prevent mold?

Whats up KJM?

Truly there are tons of natural substances on the fda gras list (generally recognized as safe) meaning safe for human consumption.

While it’s one thing to consume or eat a substance… it’s a whole different animal to ignite flowers containing said substance and inhale the vapors emanating from it.

Personally I’d steer clear of additives and go with the knowledge that a proper dry/cure phase should eliminate the need for using potassium sorbate

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing later. I checked today and never found any more problem spots, so I just increased the night time temp on the thermostat to cut down on condensation and nurse her along until harvest as she is. Olny need another week or so.....

Back
Top Bottom