ppm levels and additives

antiskeptic

Hey guys,

Doing my first rdwc grow and I changed nutes/ flushed system last night as it was 2 weeks old. I had basic calmag and dutch master grow part a and b in there and kept ppm levels at around 300 as it was their first week and wanted to ease in on those new clones. My question is last night once fresh water level was correct again is I added additives first as per instructions. Dutch master zone to their recommendations for regular strength and also the same for dutch master silica. Then added nutes at half strength of their recommendations to be careful. Got pH right and let it settle. Now ppm is around 820. I am worried this is way to high. Do I need to take into account that I've got the additives in the rez already and only bring ppm up to desired level or still follow directions? After 24 hours I don't see any real nute burn except for the odd tiny dot of the tips of some fan leaves, other than that they look fine. Is my ppm to high now due to the additives or have I done the right thing? Cheers, thanks guys

I think you're a little high on your PPM levels. I would always keep in mind that most people run about 1/2 or 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage on most nutrient bottles. I'm doing my first DWC grow now, and I'm seeing about 400 PPM on 1/4 strength with my nutrients. If you're not seeing any nutrient burn, I would leave it and just add PH'd water to it as the level goes down to dilute it down a bit. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice guys. They didn't seem to suffer until week 2 when they started showing signs of nute burn. Only due to the fact they were drinking more water over nutes. Didn't bother me as it was res change over time. Now it's sitting around 430ppm and they're looking great. Strain is blueberry og

Back
Top Bottom