PPM question

I have put in Nutes at 180 ppm and the runoff has come out at 210 ppm so is she eating 150 ppm and leaving 30 behind

Err...

my medium coco choir.

Assuming that you have not allowed that coco coir to completely dry out at any point... (a) Did you rinse it very well (a few times) before using it, (b) did you then presoak it in a dilute solution of calcium nitrate (or other source of calcium ions) with maybe a bit of magnesium thrown in, and (c) what did you see as far as numbers go when you used water only and checked the input/output EC or "PPM?"

At one point I believe I did let it dry too much but this was before nutrients were introduced
I presoaked 24 hours with a cal mag and water solution.
I washed the coco coir with regular house water before I used I soaked it repeatedly every 20 minutes for a few hours and drained out the smaller particles.
Before the introduction of Nutes I was not watering to over flow as I was scared of overwatering the seedling only started to water to 20% over flow as nutrients were introduced. And began checking tds input out put as well as ph. She has looked healthy throughout. It nutrients were introduced at 12 days as she did not grow for the 3 days previous to that and since introduction has began growing again and show no sign of toxicity or burn... as I only added 7 drops of all 3 main Nutes to my water .... water mixture of distilled and dechlorinated tap at 33 ppm cal mag brought it up to 80 ppm th gh flora trio brought it up to 180ppm this helps as I believe the way I stupidly mixed tap and distilled stunted my growth until I added Nutes.

Back
Top Bottom