PPM question

George Mc

Hello everyone, I have a question about PPM in my well water. I just checked it and it is the same PPM it was a year ago which is good I guess. I checked my meter against a bottled water which is RO water I assume. My well water reads 345 and the bottled water reads 001. I started and completed two grows using my well water and being a novice I never noticed anything that related to me using hard water. My question is, I use well water with a PPM of 345, will that do any harm or slow the growth of my plants? I believe my hard water has more calcium and sulfur than iron because I've never seen any iron stains on my bathroom fixtures.

300+ is pretty hard. Mine runs just under 200 and I don't need to use a cal mag supplement.
Keeping the salt deposits from building up in the media was my hardest problem. When I increased the amount of runoff things went much more smoothly.
The more "stuff" in the water, the harder the plant has to work to separate the water from it.

300+ is pretty hard. Mine runs just under 200 and I don't need to use a cal mag supplement.
Keeping the salt deposits from building up in the media was my hardest problem. When I increased the amount of runoff things went much more smoothly.
The more "stuff" in the water, the harder the plant has to work to separate the water from it.
Thanks for the reply. When I was feeding Cal Mag on my last two grows I don't think I went past one and a half or 2 ml per gallon even though people were suggesting 5 ml. It's probably a good thing that the water has calcium in it to begin with. At this time I don't plan on adding any kind of filtration system. I did that years ago and it got to be such a hassle. I had it attached to the kitchen sink and when I tried to change the filters the connections were very crusty.

Back
Top Bottom