Preflowers Already?

Ravenplume

Is this youngster already showing preflowers? And if so, can anyone tell if it is a girl or a boy?
CN-Feyleaf-Preflower.JPG

Is this youngster already showing preflowers?
Nope. If it starts to show a pre-flower there tends to be just one pistil with one stigma at each node. A flower bud does not develop and the pre-flower disappears after a week or two. They do not mature

And if so, can anyone tell if it is a giel or a boy?
It seems that only the female plant will show pre-flowers.

A male plant starts to show male flowers and those do not disappear. They stay on the plant and just about every node from then on will have several male flowers. These flowers stay on the plant until they finish maturing.

There was a short discussion on this very topic within the past two or three weeks but I don't remember the name of the thread.

Heh. Well a day later, what I thought were preflowers ended up being just infant leaves, which are now a bit larger, and I am expecting the one I am seeing further up are also just leaves then.

Was hoping to get a good close up shot of the area of interest, but for some reason, pictures keep coming out blurry despite always looking nice and clear on the preview. Will revisit this when I do the journal for this grow. I am predicting this particular plant (the result of two actual sibling Wildling-2019s being bred together) will end up being my primary of her type when it comes time to populate the cage.

Back
Top Bottom