Pre-flowers

It does take some time to turn a tree into a bonsai tree. Basically almost any tree you find in nature can be used for bonsai except for the really big trees lol! Bonsai is the art of replicating a tree you would see in nature but its in miniature form. It takes different pruning techniques and wiring branches to replicate mature trees. I have trees that ive bought from nurseries and places like home depot or lowes. I also have a few that i have dug up from my own yard. If you check out the photo galleries on bonsai4me.com, take a look at the privets that Harry has aquired and look at the beauty of the trunks of those trees, they are amazing! I have a few privets myself that i dug up from my yard where i used to live. Its an awesome hobby but its best to do your homework before you actually aquire your first tree. You should know exactly what your working with and how much pruning and wiring a species of tree can take or you could end up with a dead tree. Deciduous trees are alot more forgiving than evergreens so keep that in mind!

As soon as i am sure the males are males they will get chopped down. The plants i grew in the past i never really paid attention to the details like i am this time. I dont want to make a mistake and trash one that could be a female. Do calyx's form in groups before you see the pistils? The one def female isnt showing this and thats why i think i could have 2 males.

ya keep a eye on them you'll see it soon not to worry. its hard to see the female pistol at first but with a good loop you'll see them right away

20151205_231559.jpg
20151205_231559.jpg
20151205_231541.jpg
they look like males to me!

Back
Top Bottom