Preparing for first grow and looking for any tips

eversons

420 Member
Hi All,
I'm getting ready for my first grow. I've been doing the research for a couple weeks now. The amount of information out there is a little overwhelming and there are so many different opinions on every topic.
So rather than stressing about the absolute best of everything, my goal here is just to have a successful grow, keeping things as simple as possible and minimizing the chances of screwing anything up.
Any tips are appreciated.

Here is my plan:
Growing in a walk in closet. It's about 10x5, but has overhead wire shelves that will work well for hanging lights and mylar sheets on all 4 sides to create a grow space about 3x4
6 plants in 3 gallon pots
Soil from a big box store (I'll find good quality without any slow release ferts)
600W MH for veg (18/6)
600W HPS for flower (12/12)
4 inch carbon filter with 4 inch 200cfm fan exhausting to outside through a dryer vent
Small oscillating fan to keep air moving around
Jack's Classic 20-20-20 at 1/4 recommended strength, starting 3rd week of veg, every other watering
Jack's Blossom Booster 10-30-20 at 1/4 recommended strength, starting after first week of flower cycle, every other watering.
I got the kit with pH tester, pH Up, and pH Down, so I can make sure I keep it in right range.
Maybe top or FIM???
Plain water for the last week
Harvest based on trichs

I'm not 100% sure which strains I'm going to do. I know pure Sativas aren't recommended for beginners indoors. So I'd like to do at least one Sativa dominant hybrid and one Indica or Indica dominant hybrid.
I've actually already placed 2 seed orders. I figure I'll start with whichever one gets delivered first, unless you all think one of the options below is going to be much better for a beginner.

Order 1: 420 - Strawberry Kush, Pineapple Haze, Blueberry (feminized)
Order 2: Nirvana - Raspberry Cough and Aurora Indica (feminized)

...Seems like a well thought out plan...You should start a journal and drop a link here...You will usually find more traffic that way, to either show progress or solicit help for any issues...you might consider having a couple more fans for air circulation if humidity becomes an issue...Best of luck and Welcome to :420:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

...Seems like a well thought out plan...You should start a journal and drop a link here...You will usually find more traffic that way, to either show progress or solicit help for any issues...you might consider having a couple more fans for air circulation if humidity becomes an issue...Best of luck and Welcome to :420:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I definitely will.

Forgot to mention, I did also get a thermometer with humidity sensor, so I'll keep an eye on that and make changes if needed.

Back
Top Bottom