President Obama's Re-Election Campaign Selects EnviroTextile's Hemp Fabrics

Truth Seeker

EnviroTextiles LLC (ET), a woman- owned business, is credited with developing, importing and selling hemp fabric for scarves sold by the Obama 2012 Campaign. The scarves are a fundraising item for sale on Barack Obama and were designed by one of the first lady's personal designers, Monique Péan.

Barbara Filippone and daughter Summer Star Haeske of EnviroTextiles, provided the Obama Campaign and designer Monique Péan with the special fabric.The $95 eco scarf is made of 55% sustainable hemp and 45% certified organic cotton, a soft and lightweight flowing jersey knit. Monique Péan designed and organized the printing, and each scarf was cut and sewn in the USA!

Filippone, who arrived from China yesterday, was elated to hear the President's election campaign website marketing the scarf. "This is wonderful news!" she proclaimed, "The President can now educate the special interest lobbyist of America's original industrial hemp policy. If I could make American made hemp fabrics and bring back more U.S. manufacturing, I will have completed my life's work!"

Every day, more and more Americans discover the benefits of hemp. This ever-expanding market includes more products to be made from a single plant then ever documented. But despite hemp's growing popularity, an outdated and misguided federal policy — created in the 1930's — currently prevents U.S. farmers from growing this nutritious, versatile, and eco-friendly crop. "It is time for federal policy on industrial hemp to reflect today's reality and to enable a bountiful plant like hemp to be grown domestically for the benefit of families and farmers, the economy, and for the ecology of the planet. Hemp is not marijuana. It is a close cousin (variety of cannabis) but there are no psychoactive properties in the industrial versions; no different than the controversy around poppy seeds." adds Filippone.

ABOUT ENVIROTEXTILES
EnviroTextiles is a pioneer in the development of hemp and hemp blend textiles as well as other natural fiber products, and is the industry leader in the efforts to improve corporate responsibility and transparency in manufacturing processes and labeling.

Filippone is considered a leading developer in hemp textiles and numerous other natural fiber products. Barbara Filippone was the first person to work directly with the Chinese starting in 1994 to design and standardize hemp- based fabrics and was the first importer of Chinese hemp and organic blends. Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, Calvin Klein, Derek Lam and even Volkswagen, MTV, and Hollywood production studios source their hemp textiles from Colorado- based EnviroTextiles.

EnviroTextiles provided sustainable products to over 65 countries in 2011, all out of their US facility.

HempPlants.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: virtual-strategy.com
Author: PRWeb
Website: President Obama's Re-Election Campaign Selects EnviroTextile's Hemp Fabrics | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

I aplaud your attempt to legallize hemp for America,BUT, Who can afford $95 for a scarf? I guess Obama can...and the hollywood types. Henry Ford allready made a car out of hemp fiber..where is it at? I guess if you pander to the rich and famous, MAYBE you can get something done. Good luck with that one.

Back
Top Bottom