Pro-Marijuana Rally At The Texas Capitol

Jacob Redmond

As two bills addressing marijuana take historic steps forward at the Texas State Capitol, people in support of legalizing marijuana stood outside the Capitol Saturday.

Many protesters held signs that read statements such as "We are patients, not criminals" and "Cannabis heals."

House Bill 2165 would allow possession and delivery of marijuana beginning in September and Senate Bill 339 would allow licensed doctors to prescribe low amounts of THC to epilepsy patients.

Protesters want legislators to look at the *benefits of marijuana more than the drawbacks.

"Hemp is like sustainable in a lot of different ways. I believe in medical marijuana and all the good it can do for the planet - sustainable clothing. I think there's a lot of good that can come from it," said Tanya Gunn, a protester at the Capitol.

The House bill made it out of committee on Wednesday and the Senate bill now waits for a vote in the House.

111147.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Pro-Marijuana Rally at the Texas Capitol - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend
Author: Web Staff
Contact: About Us - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Home - KiiiTV.com South Texas, Corpus Christi, Coastal Bend

When I heard about the bills last week…awesome!!!!

being new (at the moment) I checked the board and I couldn't find much of any Texas stuff. I thought bummer…then I saw this :)

When I heard about the bills last week…awesome!!!!

being new (at the moment) I checked the board and I couldn't find much of any Texas stuff. I thought bummer…then I saw this :)

Keep your eyes peeled brother. Lots of stuff happening in Texas right now and I'll do my best to post material on all of it. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom