Quality control at the Club

naturalhi

several weeks ago I was looking for some clones for a new grow so naturally I cruised down to the local club.

Well in the coarse of chosing which yummy little strain I would nourish to delicious maturity, the propreitor mentioned that the clones had been sitting there for 3 days and nights!!!!! What?!?!?!? So I asked are they guarteed not to go hermie, after that much shock? They answered Hell no! I put my choices back. Then I moved to the bud section picked one, asked if they took plastic? Hell no, cash only! Handed them my dollars, expecting them to say there was tax on it! Hell no! When I got home and tatsed the bud of choice, it was harsh ill cured and didn't taste at all like what I'm used to that strain! Another patient told me he got a box of mj that had 2 stickers with 2 different names and didn't taste like what he wanted! R they Retagging slow movers to sell as good movers?

This is just a warning, not every club is interested in the medicinal use of marijuana!

Let's just say it is in Mendocino Co. that way if they are run by the mob as the government swears they are they won't put a contract out on this old Orangutan ;=)

I have begun to really scrutinize the meds I buy.. look closely, look for the trichomes, if they're not there - I just say no thanks.. and walk out. It is just too expensive to deal with any other way. I don't know how people buy hash.. it's simply hit and miss.. it all looks good. Just that simple.. consistently good cannabis is out there but you have to ask, you have to demand.

Pinch, that's how human economy is set up!

The interesting thing about this is how humans deal with an industry thats part legal and part illegal, only humans would get themselves into a squeeze like that!>)

Yup Pinch, it's what you gotta do. I guess in a way I have become a pot snob, when I go to a new club, or even one I frequent, I always grill em good on whatever strain I will buy, and inspect it extremely closely, I find waaaaay too many people sell weed that has already been kief'd or isn't cured or grown right or sprayed with awful pest control shit, the list goes on. You can never be too careful, when it comes to quality control, you have to check it out yourself, and DON'T BE SHY, it's your money, and your health at stake.

Marek

It's pretty simple, if you go to a co-op, insist on inspecting a sample of whatever you will buy and run through the list:

#1 One of the most important indicators, TRICHOMES... now it is possible to have good weed without them, but generally, you want weed with lots of little beautiful sparkly crystals on it. Lots of places will have a light or magnifying glass to assist you inspecting it, LOOK CLOSE, notice a lack of trichomes on the outer parts of the leaf and bud?, maybe the bud was kief'd (rolled or shaken in a special device to remove THC crystals to make hash or raw kief).

#2 Odor, how's it smell? Learn the smells that indicate flavor you enjoy in a smoke. Is it that piney freshness you love ? Or maybe its the fruity spicy flavors? Give it a little pinch, don't be shy. See if it's too soft (indicator of a bad or unfinished cure), it should be a little sticky from the trichomes too, or it's a bit too dry. It's also easy to notice chemicals in the odor as well, once you learn what to look for, especially with strains you may already be familiar with.

#3 Be your own quality control, don't buy anything you have reservations about. I know the first few trips can be intimidating, just relax, they are there to serve you.

'spent 30 years sniffin' deisel fumes, so sour or "new york" deisel depending on who's growing it, doesn't do it for me. but it does do the job!

Marek said:
Yup Pinch, it's what you gotta do. I guess in a way I have become a pot snob, when I go to a new club, or even one I frequent, I always grill em good on whatever strain I will buy, and inspect it extremely closely, I find waaaaay too many people sell weed that has already been kief'd or isn't cured or grown right or sprayed with awful pest control shit, the list goes on. You can never be too careful, when it comes to quality control, you have to check it out yourself, and DON'T BE SHY, it's your money, and your health at stake.

Marek
how true is that! thanks man sorry new here

housepainter said:
how true is that! thanks man sorry new here
its that I have been there 3 or 4 times now just got the card by the way. and I see all this great stuff!! then went for the best they had at that time 55 buck a 1/8 skunk train was the best as far I can tell. but I do see what your saying here some just don't got that spark! oh the place where I get it from exchange some stuff I did not like and that was cool they just ask do you have a recceipt and I said hell yes!!!!!!!! they did me right!!

Well put Mr Marek. Insist on inspection. Some places sell vacuumed-sealed medicine or medicine in sealed jars, but if the trichomes are there you can see them sparkle with a little flash light and the human eye.

If they are not there, just politely say no and go on till you find some medicine that does.. cause those sticky sparkling, little communities of trichomes are your medicine. Simple as that.

I got one of those little illuminated microscope units for a friend from Radio Shack.. wow, does it show you the trichomes! Fits in your shirt pocket and $10.00.. worth it for the show and it works through clear plastic! We just use it at home, naked eye/flashlight at dispensaries.

One thing I practice.. being gentle with your cannabis. I leave the buds like I got them and peal off leaves and little pieces of bud to vape. If in plastic, I transfer to glass jars and never touch it again till I want to vape it. I never grind it. I believe you should disturb the trichomes as little as possible. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

RadioShack

Here's an update! Went back to the club t'other day and they had vastly improved their service! All is well on the Lost coast!:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom