Question about led

Chokinghazard

Hi

Ive been looking the web for a couple of weeks for witch light i could use i cant use HPS /Mh because of heat so ive been looking at led and T5 .When i was searching I found this light :
36w led grow par light Par38 3 full year warranty E27 (12x3w) 36w led grow par light Par38 3 full year warranty E27 par36 led globe grow light par38 36w for growing any plant, View 36w led grow par light , TL Product Details from Twilight Group Co., Limited on Alibaba.com

When i was reading and looking at grow logs about led I've read a couple of time that multiple small panel is better then one big one for coverage.So an idea popped in my head when i saw this led light bulb .I'm asking advice ! do you think a setup using about 20-30 light equaly spaced in a 3x4 space (i would mount it on a board using flexible lampholder)would work?

I've looked at the spec they gave me looks legit but you never can be sure of waht you get. the light take about 22-24 w for 3w led red /blue and cost about 20$ each .

20 pcs x 36w =720w (real wattage should be aroud 24w X 20 pcs=480w)

about 400$ + shipping =500$ for a real 480w led setup?

Thanks for your advice

Chocking

Not got any info on led, apart from they are expensive. For $500 you could get an air cooled 600 watt hps set up...

And still have money left over to take the little woman out to dinner...

Not got any info on led, apart from they are expensive. For $500 you could get an air cooled 600 watt hps set up...

And still have money left over to take the little woman out to dinner...

Except neither of your responses addressed the OP's question or issue. He already stated that due to heat issue he could not use HID.

Now, to the original poster:

I'd not use those panels. I've seen them used as supplemental side-lighting, but the cost to buy that many of those low wattage panels, plus the expense of mounting them so they're not a huge clusterfuck in your space is going to be costly. I'd recommend buying a few of those, as I stated, for side-lighting, and spend the bulk of the cash on a higher wattage all-in-one unit. Good luck.

Peace,

:bongrip: - JZ

Back
Top Bottom