Question about lights.

lukmac

I have a dual spectrum 1000w mh bulb and ballast and my plants are just about ready to enter the hydroponic system however I want to know if I just switch from the florescent grow bulb to the mh or if I work the mh in a little at a time. Any help or hints would be appreciated as this is my first indoor grow and I would like to have a little success to help ease my supply issues.

12/12? I don't stay with the 16/8 cycle I've been using. I am just entering the main grow stage and am not yet ready to flower. The question was about the jump in light intensity and heat I don't want to kill my young plants

Keep it a couple feet up and lower it slowly over the course of a week.

Switching from CFL's to a HID MH lamp will not harm the plants. Just remember that the HID lamps must be kept much further away then the CFL's in order to avoid burning the plants.

Just put them under the MH and switch to 12/12 and your good.

He is continuing to veg. but switching light sources. 12/12 as you suggest would trigger the flowering cylce. :peace:

12/12? I don't stay with the 16/8 cycle I've been using. I am just entering the main grow stage and am not yet ready to flower. The question was about the jump in light intensity and heat I don't want to kill my young plants

I would recommend using atleast an 18/6 light schedule for vegging. Keep your lights about 4' above your plants for a little while then gradually lower them as close as you can without burning them. You can use the back of your hand as a good judgment of heat. If its uncomfortable on your hand then its uncomfortable for your plants. Keep an eye out for bud bleaching as well. I've bleached my main colas with a 600 watter in the past. But thats getting the light about 4 inches which I can do because my hoods are well ventilated. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom