Question to those who have knowledge in fluid dynamics

Android

If I have to run my main res remotely (the height of the room is too small to accommodate a sizable underneath res, so my res will be a 23 gal beer bottle trash can (Slim Jim) that sits 70" from the room (behind the washer). This means I would need ~10' of additional piping from the manifold to the res than one would normally need.

So here are the questions of concern:

1) I am assuming that even if I ran PVC of the same ID as the manifold itself (1/2") all the way to the res, this would significantly decrease the pressure in the manifold - larger manifold volume means lower pressure - true or false?

2) Would putting the pump directly in front of the manifold (thus having lower manifold volume) work better than putting it in the res?

3) What's more efficient to have:
a) have 1/2" manifold inside every row and screw the sprayers directly to the manifold, or
b) run a single manifold per 2-4 rows and connecting them to the closest sprayers screwed from the inside in between plants) with 1/4" OD lines.

Thank you in advance

Gee shitflow1. It has been a while, but I think with no difference in height the extra 10' won't cause a significant drop in pressure. Put the pump in the res and I think you'll be fine.
Putting the pump in front of the manifold would make it suck from the res whereas in the res you'd get some push from the weight of the water in the res. I defer question #3 to the hydro guys.

Back
Top Bottom