Re-Veg Amnesia Haze

OK, I am doing my homework here. I will be sifting through all of the re veg posts I can find but I wanted to throw this out there to the :420:community and open it up for comments, thoughts, and past experiences.

Some of you know Ammy, my soon to be 16 wk old 9 week of flower Amnesia Haze from seed. She endured HST snapping during veg and became what has now been deemed, my Christmas tree.

I am so sad approaching harvest as most growers would be head over heels wanting to trim this beauty up. Ammy though, idk. I think I can do it and I think it would be worthwhile for her and for me.

I am so nervous about fucking it up as this would be my first leap into this type of process.

Here's my girl- any and all information or comments are appreciated and a big thank you to all of those who have already began discussions with me on this idea on her journal or via PM
:thanks:

20211004_112815.jpg

20211003_211755.jpg

20211002_122703.jpg

20211002_130547.jpg

Hi Krissi - this doesn't look like a good candidate for reveg to me as there is little lower foliage and it looks like quite a leggy lady; but I'm no expert on reveg as I find the process tiresome
You've got a job of work trimming that one up in a week or two!
:ciao: Grow! Her entire upper canopy besides the last two rows are thick as can be. I just said how I should have trimmed that bottom row and forced some extra production up top but I use that crap anyway, the man is an edible person, not a toker so I use it for butter.

I am really leaning toward not re vegging her, I have 28 seeds behind her and the other 6 in veg and pre flower. I need the space that I currently don't have. Just been a thought on my brain since it was mentioned to me over the weekend.

As for the next 2 weeks with her, I will enjoy them regardless of my final decision. My carpal tunnel is going to be kicking my ass....

:ciao: Grow! Her entire upper canopy besides the last two rows are thick as can be. I just said how I should have trimmed that bottom row and forced some extra production up top but I use that crap anyway, the man is an edible person, not a toker so I use it for butter.

I am really leaning toward not re vegging her, I have 28 seeds behind her and the other 6 in veg and pre flower. I need the space that I currently don't have. Just been a thought on my brain since it was mentioned to me over the weekend.

As for the next 2 weeks with her, I will enjoy them regardless of my final decision. My carpal tunnel is going to be kicking my ass....
Exactly - if you can just bung a plant on the patio and leave it all summer, maybe, but in a tent grow I like to keep it moving along - so many strains, so little time...

My carpal tunnel is going to be kicking my ass....
So I have carpal pretty bad at times too, and my first grow I did manually trim my girls and I thought my hands were going to fall off by the time I was done (my plants were 6ft beasties)

I came across a thing while shopping for something else that has made my life WAY better, it is a bucket lid with notches in it. Basically I hang my plant to dry for a few days and when it no longer feels wet to my fingers I just put the branch inside the bucket, insert the stem into one of the notches and pull it thru .... It removes all of the buds (and leaves) from the branches. Yes I still have to separate the buds and the leaves from the bottom of the bucket, but that is much easier on my wrists, by far. It is called a 'debudder' bucket lid, I provided my own bucket. There may be other brands, but I can only vouch for this one.

So I have carpal pretty bad at times too, and my first grow I did manually trim my girls and I thought my hands were going to fall off by the time I was done (my plants were 6ft beasties)

I came across a thing while shopping for something else that has made my life WAY better, it is a bucket lid with notches in it. Basically I hang my plant to dry for a few days and when it no longer feels wet to my fingers I just put the branch inside the bucket, insert the stem into one of the notches and pull it thru .... It removes all of the buds (and leaves) from the branches. Yes I still have to separate the buds and the leaves from the bottom of the bucket, but that is much easier on my wrists, by far. It is called a 'debudder' bucket lid, I provided my own bucket. There may be other brands, but I can only vouch for this one.
Thank you! I've always been against the machinery of it because I feel like I will lose a lot of the trichome coating. Do you feel like that's an issue issue this particular item? I haven't heard of a bucket lid before, I know that I definitely don't want to use a trimming machine because I've heard they're mostly bud destroyers

Exactly - if you can just bung a plant on the patio and leave it all summer, maybe, but in a tent grow I like to keep it moving along - so many strains, so little time...
Don't I know it lol I am itching to drop this Gorilla Glue Lemon Fem seed and I have the G-13 fem at 30 days now which I'm going to hold in veg for 2 more weeks. I need space for her and the other 5 if I want to be able to have the GGL ready to go ( which I plan on vegging for 8 weeks)...then when the autos are done, moving in another round of 4

Thank you! I've always been against the machinery of it because I feel like I will lose a lot of the trichome coating. Do you feel like that's an issue issue this particular item? I haven't heard of a bucket lid before, I know that I definitely don't want to use a trimming machine because I've heard they're mostly bud destroyers
I don't love the lid being sticky when I am done, but I am pretty sure I lose way less on the bucket lid than I did just having my hands coated with the stuff over and over while hand trimming. I don't find the inside of the bucket to be especially sticky, so I don't think it is worse than hand trimming.
eta: And yea, the mechanically trimmed buds look naked to me, I don't like that at all.

I don't love the lid being sticky when I am done, but I am pretty sure I lose way less on the bucket lid than I did just having my hands coated with the stuff over and over while hand trimming. I don't find the inside of the bucket to be especially sticky, so I don't think it is worse than hand trimming.
You're the best thank you again for this insight. I will absolutely look into it cause sometimes I want to just cut the tendon straight out of my wrist lol

Quite - after I've invested x months on a plant I'm buggered if I'm sticking it in a machine
Roll one up, glass of red, music, gloves, bonsai trimmers - all part of the deal for me

Quite - after I've invested x months on a plant I'm buggered if I'm sticking it in a machine
Roll one up, glass of red, music, gloves, bonsai trimmers - all part of the deal for me
I still get that same relax and chill vibe with the bucket lid, it's just sorting the bits out of the bucket instead of picking each bud off the branch - just doesn't hurt as much.

Oh I do enjoy the hours of Pinot Noir or a good craft brew, my ridiculous music mixes, 10 trimmers, alcohol wipes, bowls, blunts, an joints...I HATE gloves...hinder my speed so much, they're on half the time

I still get that same relax and chill vibe with the bucket lid, it's just sorting the bits out of the bucket instead of picking each bud off the branch - just doesn't hurt as much.
It's your chill bucket :passitleft::surf:

As far as the reveg part goes….. don’t remove any of the fan leaves, just let that ride for now. Take the stems & buds off the plant but keep several fan leaves intact below your harvest cuts to continue with photosynthesis and movement of sap.

try to keep not just one…. but several fans alive on every single remaining stem does that make sense?

Reveg plants don’t need a strong light just plenty of light hours….. it’s prolly best to remove her from your tent so as to not waste prime garden space. She will do fine away from tent as long as she gets light hours, decent temps and no cold feet / wet feet. Many do root pruning and even down canning to smaller container…. the cool part is your Anmy will be considered as monstercropped after successful completion of reveg - she will come back bushy AF

Back
Top Bottom