Read about Tyson?

TheOldGuy

Have you guys read about mike Tyson and how he's a mad smoker and how some people are blaming it for his loss? I wouldn't doubt it, since pot slows your reaction time and reaction is a huge part of boxing, but...

How could someone who smokes so much have such a high-pitched voice? :p

TheOldGuy said:
Have you guys read about mike Tyson and how he's a mad smoker and how some people are blaming it for his loss? I wouldn't doubt it, since pot slows your reaction time and reaction is a huge part of boxing, but...

How could someone who smokes so much have such a high-pitched voice? :p

you're totally right...he's slow as shit now. he couldn't dodge a jab if his life depended on it. i wonder how he gets his dope. isn't he bankrupt as shit?

ez409 said:
you're totally right...he's slow as shit now. he couldn't dodge a jab if his life depended on it. i wonder how he gets his dope. isn't he bankrupt as shit?

Yeah, that's probably why Michael Jackson is broke too, because he's been supporting Tyson's dope habit. There's probably some helium huffing involved too.

ez409 said:
Probably the same way we all get our dope when we're broke. We beg. lol

Plus, he can kick all his friends' asses. That probably helps persuade them to smoke him out.

That always bugs me when people blame pot for other peoples performance. Tyson is an athelete, a boxer, and he must have quick reflexes. If he CHOSES to smoke marijuana, than its not the DRUG thats making him lose, its his ABUSE of the drug. Just like when I was in college, I could either A) Smoke all day and do no work B) SMoke mid day and do shitty work or C) DO all my work, then if theres time, smoke. If I make the wrong choices, then the drug isnt making me a shitty student, its my use of the drug and my ability to use it recreationaly, as opposed to being hooked and abusing it (abusing it, to me, means using it so much it interferes and lowers the quality of your life. Idealy, pot should enhance and brighten your life).
-PM

I'm not at all surprised that he smokes. I've seen some documentary on him before, and although he comes off as an A-hole, hes had a really shitty life. I was watching some old clips of him earlier and he really is a phenomenal athlete. He is naturally gifted with an absurd amount of muscle and beyond that, he is disgustingly fast. For a person with that kind of physique that does as much physical training, I don't think marijuana is a huge factor. At this point, I think the biggest factor in his loss was that he has had the shit beaten out of him for 38 years, and has himself induced quite a bit of damage. The truth is, if you use your body to excess, it will break down faster, even if that excess is normally considered good (exercise). Either way, he is an interesting character... it takes all types...

I used to love that guy they had on the Simpsons for Mike Tyson. What was his name..? Dredderick Tatum wasn't it?

"I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children." —Mike Tyson

I think Tysons deminishing skills are due to a lifetime of getting his melon bounced off boxing gloves. Age also has a little to do with it. Long term alchol use will also have a more profound impact on reaction time than weed.

"If I could go back in time to when I pushed my Grandmother down the stairs, I would definitely reconsider it." -Drederick Tatum

yeah..I thought he tore up his knee. From what I read he was winning big in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom