Red veins on leaves

roaring lion

greetings all,
i've got 4 outdoor plants going, 11-12 weeks into veg and only one of them is showing the red vein seen in the photos. they've all been getting the same watering and feeding schedule, all looking very healthy. genetics? other deficiency? zombies?

Attachments

• 20190730_132138.jpg
    20190730_132138.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 20190730_132359.jpg
    20190730_132359.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 162
Pleasure mate. just been looking at another growers journal that jas all red stems. i had to double take it as i thought he had highlighted them for a photo. Never seen such a beautiful looking leafed plant before.

falstaffo's plant
62D1C0E2-7C28-478D-8BF9-D179E49A57A7.jpeg

have a good day matey

good on ya. thanks for the reply. peace and happiness to you.
you from down under?
No mate . i am in the UK. robin hood county. land of the changable weather and enemy of the outside growers chance of a sun lit harvest. lol
heatwave to miserable rainy day in 24 hours. lol

I was looking at the journal option and am considering to start one despite being 11-12 weeks into veg. should be okay?
never too late for a journal and ideal time really as the flowering is also of great interest to most. seeing then build up and manipulating where we can for big buds can never be boring. It doesnt have to be from 1st seedling stage at all. very easy to do a summary of the grow to this point then update as you feel appropriate. I have to post on mine most days now as they change so rapidly and is great to go back to later to see comparisons when next grow is on too.

Genetics can also play a role too. Here's mine currently with red stems but seems its on fan leaves not new growth.
20190731_114225.jpg
20190731_114225.jpg
20190731_114211.jpg
Another good point , especially in the purple strains. sign of a mature leaf too sometimes.

this place is GREAT, what a support network! I'm not a fan of chasing phantom problems either. feedback from all of ya'll is perfect. I'm going to start a journal this weekend. my ladies are seemingly stuck in veg mode. still stretching, hairs showing on older growth but new growth is neverending. it can be hot in the interior of BC and we've had a wet/mild summer to date. not uncommon for temps to hit mid 30's through August so the ladies might still have 3-4 weeks of veg. great stuff but I'm getting twitchy. should I keep a couple in the dark for a couple days to stagger the harvest?

thanks to everyone! red veins do seem to be at new growth mostly. the oldest fan leaves are still green, just beginning to go chlorotic. very little discoloration so these Jack's are thriving. I'm so excited!

I initially thought it was a deficiency and searched for hours thinking somthing was wrong. Luckily I didn't do anything to try to change it at all.
i think if there had been actual leaf damage or other signs then it would point elswhere. looks top dollar to me . lol

this place is GREAT, what a support network! I'm not a fan of chasing phantom problems either. feedback from all of ya'll is perfect. I'm going to start a journal this weekend. my ladies are seemingly stuck in veg mode. still stretching, hairs showing on older growth but new growth is neverending. it can be hot in the interior of BC and we've had a wet/mild summer to date. not uncommon for temps to hit mid 30's through August so the ladies might still have 3-4 weeks of veg. great stuff but I'm getting twitchy. should I keep a couple in the dark for a couple days to stagger the harvest?

thanks to everyone! red veins do seem to be at new growth mostly. the oldest fan leaves are still green, just beginning to go chlorotic. very little discoloration so these Jack's are thriving. I'm so excited!
I came here in the beginning of July. Had one plant going but didn't know how to tell sex. Grown under a $20 LED. Had it in a pot without any drainage. No fans circulation. A complete train wreck. In less then 3 weeks time I've helped other out to even having 3 different grow stations to where I was cutting holes in my wall e tc. There's some very good growers here that give excellent advice. And please remember...no question is a dumb question. We all had to start somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom