REPLACE MH & HPS WITH FLUORO's

skinny-loc

hey people i have a question. i want 2 grow 4 plants from seedling 2 flowering wit fl's no mh or hps lamps.wut kind of fl's will i need for veg & flowering and is it possible. if sohow many(lamps) will i need ...MOST IMPORTANTLY I WANT GOOD YIELDS :smokin:

What kind of fluoro's are you thinking of using, spiral CFL bulbs or something like a T5 tube fixture?

For veg you would use daylight at usually 6400K, and for flowering you use soft white at usually 2700K. You can also use a combination of both.

You can grow very nice buds with CFL if you have enough watts, but you're not going to have the same yield as with MH/HPS.

hey people i have a question. i want 2 grow 4 plants from seedling 2 flowering wit fl's no mh or hps lamps.wut kind of fl's will i need for veg & flowering and is it possible. if sohow many(lamps) will i need ...MOST IMPORTANTLY I WANT GOOD YIELDS :smokin:

If you absolutely cant have a mh or hps, but you still want the best yield possible, look into getting a
4', 8 Bulb T-5 High Output Fixture. They are very good flouro tube fixtures, and are really good if you cant get an mh or hps. Like SS and Zodiak said, you wont yield as much with hps, but its the next best thing :slide:

take it easy bro;):rollit:

first i wanna thank every1 for their feedback i appreciate the wisdom. i was indeed thinking of t5 or t8 high output tubes in a 4' or 2' fixture with 4 lamps. how bad do u think the yield drops using these tubes than if u grew with HID lamps ? 25% or more?

If you absolutely cant have a mh or hps, but you still want the best yield possible, look into getting a
4', 8 Bulb T-5 High Output Fixture. They are very good flouro tube fixtures, and are really good if you cant get an mh or hps. Like SS and Zodiak said, you wont yield as much with hps, but its the next best thing :slide:

take it easy bro;):rollit:
_

hey. I got 125 actual cfl on vegg and (6)65watt actual (1000w and 300w equiv) for flower They seem to really like the settup (Deep Water Culture type) Just put the flower room on 12/12 2 days ago so we,ll see what happens. I have used reg flo tube for many years, it works but never great buds. Lots of them just never very big. Prior settup was basically a phototron type settup following their program. Pick any leaf over 3 inches, top frequently,many branches many buds but never big buds. I must admit that the leaf was worth smoking and constantly kept smoke available.this time i,m trying to go for prime bud.so far the leaf that I have picked ain't worth throwing away much less burning. We'll see which is better in the long run. I do have 150w hps (2) but I dont really want to use them till I see if the cfl's work. Good luck with your grow I hope it works out. I"ll keep you posted on how mine is going and if I give up and turn the hps on.

Back
Top Bottom