ResponsibleOhio Investor Defends Marijuana Legalization Plan

Re: Responsible Ohio Investor Defends Marijuana Legalization Plan

Ohio Residents,

Please think about all of the various cannabis issues bandied about by anyone making a ResponsibleOhio comment and in the final analysis vote the way you collectively need to vote in order to make cannabis legal in Ohio. What have I just stated and why did I state it? Vote to legalize cannabis, marijuana, edibles, vapables and all associated paraphernalia because if you do not then you will have simply fallen short of finishing the race so to speak. Oh sure, there will always be future elections but this one is now. Do not lose sight of the present situation of legalizing what has been unfairly criminalized for way too many decades. Do not be deceived by factions that claim the ResponsibleOhio initiative does not actually make cannabis legal because it restricts the possession or growing rights of citizens while providing strict controls on the sale of cannabis products. The ResponsibleOhio initiative terms are simply necessary to garner enough votes to pass the initiative. I am confident the growing, ownership, consumption, taxation and sale terms defined within the initiative can be and will be fine-tuned as legitimate concerns are discovered while operating after passage of the ResponsibleOhio initiative.

The ResponsibleOhio opponents claim that the initiative grants a monopoly for growers and sellers of cannabis.

This is not true. It does not grant a monopoly. The ResponsibleOhio initiative establishes rules and regulations that are subject to the will of the general assembly. Furthermore their claim cannot true per the Ohio State Constitution Article 1 — Bill of Rights Section 1.02 which reads as follows:
"1.02 Right to alter, reform, or abolish government, and repeal special privileges (1851)
All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter, reform, or abolish the same, whenever they may deem it necessary; and no special privileges or immunities shall ever be granted, that may not be altered, revoked, or repealed by the general assembly."
What this means is the general assembly has the power to alter, revoke or repeal any amendment that grants special privileges if the general assembly see fit. Furthermore this item within the Bill of Rights implies that a special privilege is allowed if the people vote to allow it. Finally the Ohio Ballot Initiative 2 is overly broad in scope and the intent is too general which often precedes future unintended, negative and unwieldy consequences. My recommendation for anyone voting to approve the ResponsibleOhio Initiative 3 is to also vote against the Ohio Ballot Initiative 2.

Also keep in mind the real hidden motivations of some ResponsibleOhio opponents. This is what is known as politics - specifically hard ball politics. A lot of ordinary voters think of an issue in terms of black or white but I assure you there are professional political machines some based in Ohio and some that are not and they are counting on clouding the facts of the issue any way they can. Those opposed to legalization have set in motion all sorts of quasi-legitimate arguments that are attempting to derail and defeat the ResponsibleOhio initiative using any and all arguments they can think of.
Do not be fooled.
Do not let them win.
Vote yes to pass the ResponsibleOhio initiative.

Back
Top Bottom