Root Rot issues

Ezra354

Hi i have been running same op for about 2 years and recently ran into a case of root rot. Saved my crop but its not at all pretty right now. My question is only thing i can see that i havn't been able to clean is a 6 ft run of 1/2"pvc i use for a supply line. I run a chiller and its pretty good at maintaining 67 deg temps up to about 80 degrees room temp. My return water is about .8 degrees warmer then res tank. So i am pretty confident its not an issue with water temps. I have noticed black hydrofarm tubing does not build up salts as much as the pvc does. Does anyone think if i change the supply line to tubing if it will gain more temps vs using the PVC ? my tubes do experiance damming after about 4 weeks but i dont know how i can increase the flow with a root carpet in my tubes. NFT recirculating system thanks for your help !

Might be as easy as running GH Flora Shield to help with the root rot issue, and GH Flora Kleen to run through and help clear build ups. I use them both and they keep a clean happy environment.

Cool temps will help with that control, also making sure the light is not hitting your water or tubing and with pvc this shouldn't be an issue, and to clean the line get a bottle brush and some bleach then clean with plain water before re attaching to pumps. I had an 75% plant loss on a root rot and to get the roots back to healthy I went with plain filtered water and a half solution of clonex got them stimulated again then added some piranha and tarantula from advanced nutrients and with in two weeks the roots were presting through the whole root ball.

Back
Top Bottom