Seedlings almost dead, help!

Lusi

I thought there was a sick plant forum, but can't find it.

My seedlings in fake soil cubes were barely sprouted before they tuned yellow. Someone said to transplant them, despite that they had no roots showing outside the cubes. I tried watered down Tomato food and it didn't help, so I transplanted anyway, stuck them in the sun, then fed a bit of Root Juice. Still nothing. They are getting worse daily. I think the one on the R is dead. The one on the L was the largest, but now all of the leaves are yellow, not just the edges. Middle one might be saved?!

The only thing I have not tried yet is Super Thrive. Is this safe for seedlings? Ant other ideas? I brought them in under the CFLs and added a fan and a warm seed mat. They are so saturated, I hope this dries them up enough to try one last nute. :-(

White Label 10 feminized White Skunks. Only 4 seeds germinated. These 3 look dead. That leaves one very expensive plant. Ack!

I hope it's not too late. This exact same seed starting technique worked wonderful for my last grow of one White Skunk female, 1 male Shiva Shanti and one female shiva shanti. They grew up full and healthy in their cubes with many roots sprouting out before I transplanted them. ATF am I doing wrong?!

TY!!!

dying_seedlings.jpg

I'm just following up with my last update fro this post.

The seedling in the middle is the only survivor. I'm not sure if it was the Root Juice, the Super Thrive, or the DR. Earth horribly smelly Compost tea that helped save the plant. It was the last thing I gave her... She has left seedling phase and grown like mad while I was gone a few days!

This photo above was was right after transplant. In ten days, she completely grew roots out of that pot and already needs transplanted!!! Wow! I finally have a pant with healthy roots. :)))))))

Seedlings need no nutes at all for the first several weeks. Think of trying to force feed an infant a 28oz T-Bone.

The one probably survived because you were gone for a few days and didn't have water or 'one last nute' dumped on it.

They are babies and can't handle 'grown up' food and drink.

DD

Did you look at the date I started this thread, November 4th? Did you notice that not one person replied to me with advice? This photo above is of 13 day old seedlings!!!

I know you don't feed seedlings, but since I'm new at this I'm doing what people tell me to do. Another forum demanded I transplant these rootless seedlings, sprouted in soil free cubes, into these pots you see in my photo, then to give them watered down tomato food. This was on October 28th. The seedlings sprouted on October 22nd! I thought transplanting was a bad idea. What good is nutes to plants with no roots? Transplanting would only help the moisture, plus all of the info I have says to not transplant plants with not roots. Since doing nothing was not working, I did as told. I don't know what in the heck I'm doing and figure the people replying that had been at this for years knew better than I did. I almost got booted because I questioned the advice, like I said in this paragraph. WTF?

Only the middle plant lived and in just 48 hours, the plant is completely root bound in that pot! That was late Friday night and I returned late Sunday. The survivor that had NO ROOTS on Friday now has roots dangling out the bottom of this large pot!!!!! I don't know which helped, the spray or the thrive. The plant looks great! If I had continued to do nothing, all 3 would be dead.

Back
Top Bottom