Sheriffs Threaten to Kill Paraplegic Man's Dog in Marijuana Bust

Jacob Bell

This is bizarre.

When Alameda County sheriffs obtained a warrant based on an anonymous tip, to search paraplegic Jason Rivera's home for marijuana, they came to talk to Rivera at his recording studio first. Rivera, a medical marijuana patient, was shocked when deputies threatened to kill his dog if he didn't cooperate with the search:

"We can do this the easy way and you can take us to your house to look around," Rivera recounts the deputy saying, "or we can detain you for six hours while we get a warrant and go to your house and shoot your dog."

The killing of family pets by SWAT officers during marijuana raids has generated numerous headlines recently, including chilling video of a raid in Columbia, Missouri, where a man's dog was shot seven times while the man's seven-year-old child slept in the next room. In these cases, police spokespersons defend the actions of the officers by explaining that in these no-knock raids, securing the premises and eliminating immediate threats to officer safety is standard operating procedure.

Of course, in Rivera's case the police were obviously aware of the dog ahead of time so it in no way posed a threat to them — at least not one that required them to shoot the dog. Then again, the use of marijuana especially by people suffering from chronic pain poses no threat to the rest of society. So we have layers upon layers of absurdity at work here.

Which, again, is no real surprise given that we're talking about the War on Drugs.

Note: As of this time, I can find no other accounts of this story, and no statement from the Alameda County Sheriff's Department. So take it all with a grain of salt until more details emerge.

abb35.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: blogs.forbes.com
Author: E.D. Kain
Copyright: Forbes.com LLC
Website: Sheriffs Threaten to Kill Paraplegic Man's Dog in Marijuana Bust

I think it is, but I am not sure. I found another article on it, from the Portland, OR area. That makes me believe it probably was in CA. I could be wrong :)

This is pretty sad that they pick on some guy who really needs his meds....and threaten to shoot his dog. My uncle was in law enforcement for 30 years and he always said the War on Drugs was a complete joke, waste of money and never did anything for the real drug problem. I do know that the pills I us to take did me a lot of harm but because it's big PHARMA that was OK. But you can't grow a little MMJ, what a joke. :bong:

I hope people understand... there is the law, we must fallow the law... and then there is LE with their own set of rules which they do not have to fallow the law. Those that police the police are feds and they have a war raging on marijuan and the American people.

Back
Top Bottom