Should I trim my seedling of its burnt leaves and how?

kayciweed

I had some light burn and potentially nute burn which is the news of the past. She is 4 weeks old and starting to really grow now. She took her time due to multiple problems. She is Durban Poison.

Question: do i trim those leaves that are burned? And if so, how?

I can see little stems starting to grow and i figure it is using energy to keep the old alive, or something.

Please help...

Attachments

• 20191128_145653.jpg
    20191128_145653.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 20191128_145643.jpg
    20191128_145643.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 70
The much lower ones yes, the upper ones not yet. Do you plan on topping them to train- then I’d wait to lollipop til then. Also just feed them only water for about a week, and make sure not to overwater. They’ll be fine, but when you add nutes in start at like 1/4 strength then move up 1/4 per week. Remember that nutrients are like adding supplements to your plants not their actual food they make from the sun. So slowly increase til you find they grow well so as not to induce lockout.

The much lower ones yes, the upper ones not yet. Do you plan on topping them to train- then I’d wait to lollipop til then. Also just feed them only water for about a week, and make sure not to overwater. They’ll be fine, but when you add nutes in start at like 1/4 strength then move up 1/4 per week. Remember that nutrients are like adding supplements to your plants not their actual food they make from the sun. So slowly increase til you find they grow well so as not to induce lockout.
Yes, I would like to top it. Are you suggesting i wait to cut until I have a few more nodes and I can top it? And how do I aftually do it?

Yes if you’re going to top it, wait til you have about 6 nodes with multi-leaves because it’ll bounce back much faster. Shouldn’t be more than a couple days. Then top just above the third node and clear all the lower foliage. Here’s a pic to show. But basically you want to fold up the leaves from the node you’re about to top, then cut the main stem directly on the stem clearly below the 4th not so as not to F’IM it, then the shoots above your third node will turn into two new mains.
A58D07CD-3082-4851-900B-9AA62B3CA623.png

Also I just looked at your pics again, and I know before I said don’t overwater but it looks pretty dry, and the lower leaves are actually sucking the mobile nutrients up into the upper leaves. So I think you may have an odd dual problem of underwatering along with giving too much nutes in the water when you did water. Regardless get them on a consistent watering schedule and make sure they’re getting enough water and not too many nutes. The watering issue might be due to the pot size, it can be very difficult to get the right amount in if you start them in their final pot.

Also I just looked at your pics again, and I know before I said don’t overwater but it looks pretty dry, and the lower leaves are actually sucking the mobile nutrients up into the upper leaves. So I think you may have an odd dual problem of underwatering along with giving too much nutes in the water when you did water. Regardless get them on a consistent watering schedule and make sure they’re getting enough water and not too many nutes. The watering issue might be due to the pot size, it can be very difficult to get the right amount in if you start them in their final pot.
Yes if you’re going to top it, wait til you have about 6 nodes with multi-leaves because it’ll bounce back much faster. Shouldn’t be more than a couple days. Then top just above the third node and clear all the lower foliage. Here’s a pic to show. But basically you want to fold up the leaves from the node you’re about to top, then cut the main stem directly on the stem clearly below the 4th not so as not to F’IM it, then the shoots above your third node will turn into two new mains.
Thanks, will do. What i want to clarify is, where do i cut the burned leaves off from? Start of the stem or just the leaf?

Thanks, will do. What i want to clarify is, where do i cut the burned leaves off from? Start of the stem or just the leaf?
Sorry I had a weird issue with the attachments, but yes cut at the base of the stem and pinch off. You don’t want the nutrients and photosynthesis to focus on repairing the lower branches, but rather the top growth.

Back
Top Bottom