Signatures To Be Gathered For Another Initiative To Legalize Marijuana

Truth Seeker

Following an analysis that determined the state would get revenues from sales taxes on marijuana, Secretary of State Debra Bowen gave permission Thursday for an initiative petition to circulate.

The analysis found there was potential net annual tax revenues in the low hundreds of millions of dollars related to the production and sale of marijuana and industrial hemp, a portion of which is required to be spent on marijuana-related research and other activities.

If approved, the initiative would allow hemp and marijuana use and its possession, cultivation, transportation and distribution.

The measure would also require the Legislature to adopt laws to license and tax commercial marijuana sales, allow doctors to approve or recommend marijuana for patients, regardless of age, limit testing for marijuana for employment or insurance purposes and bar state or local aid to enforcement of federal marijuana laws.

Valid signatures from 504,760 registered voters -- 5 percent of the total votes cast for governor in the 2010 general election -- must be submitted by Feb. 24 to qualify the measure for the November 2014 ballot.

A similar measure to legalize marijuana, Proposition 19, was rejected by voters by a margin of 53.5 percent-46.5 in the November 2010 election.

Flowering_Cannabis15.JPG

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: studiocity.patch.com
Author: Matthew Sanderson
Website: Signatures to be Gathered For Another Initiative to Legalize Marijuana - Government - Studio City, CA Patch

how do i vote? Politicians here wont listen to da people. It took 10 yrz to get da ok for tattoo parlors in South Carolina. So try to imagine da fight here. SC has a zero tolerance on cannabis. i think dis is wrong, matter of fact i know its. i like to smoke BUT i dont hurt no one and im not bothing anyone. i work and own my own business,(not a wanna-be thug). I think if it is legalized federally,drug cartels loose money...Therefor they gotta step up da game on coke. On dat note get caught wit coke,you get 5 yrs for .05 grams, 25yrs and up for everything else MAN-MADE CHEMICAL ADDED DRUGS. Bring in more jobs by legalizing by head shops,coffee shops,cannabis stores and let's not forget about Medical personal and facilities built and then employed. Money generated for each state or da country as a whole ONLY...

DECRIMINALISE.
Unfortunately, to the best of my understanding, no 'legislation' has ever been introduced that adequately and unequivocally addresses what should be the top priority, patient/consumer safety. I suggest a provision along the following lines be included in all and any proposals.
"No chemicals, additives or practices potentially harmful to humans, animals or the environment shall be used at any stage of the production or manufacturing process"
Just my 2c.
Patrick Monk. RN Hospice Case Manager. SF. Ca.
Society of Cannabis Clinicians.
NO GOVERNMENT
LET FREEDOM RING
SEQUESTER THE DEA.

decriminalise.
Unfortunately, to the best of my understanding, no 'legislation' has ever been introduced that adequately and unequivocally addresses what should be the top priority, patient/consumer safety. I suggest a provision along the following lines be included in all and any proposals.
"no chemicals, additives or practices potentially harmful to humans, animals or the environment shall be used at any stage of the production or manufacturing process"
just my 2c.
Patrick monk. Rn hospice case manager. Sf. Ca.
Society of cannabis clinicians.
No government
let freedom ring
sequester the dea.

hear, hear!

Back
Top Bottom