Simultaneously Flower and Veg w/ 1 room?

quantumsuicid

I was wondering if this seems like it would work for the plants I have.
Recently (April 1st) I planted 4 germinated seeds. Unfortunately only one has come up and started to eat the light. They were not feminized seeds.

Here's my plan, and I alternately have two questions:

When that one plant grows to the size where I can take clones, I was going to take one.

Question 1: Would it be okay to use the same vegetative light (250 W Metal Halide) to put my clones in? I'd take all the necessary steps for cloning, but was just wondering if there was anything wrong with that level of light?

After I get a clone growing, I was going to force bloom it as soon as I can to see if it's a female. I have two closets in my room but only one of them is used for growing (is on a 24hr). The other remains dark and has my clothes in it.

Question 2: Would I be able to induce the flowering stage by moving that clone between the darkness of my second closet and the closet with my grow light?

Hypothetically, I can see this working. I was going to theoretically put the clone under a 12/12 cycle for bloom (by moving it from closet to closet at 9 AM/PM every day). Also, if this works, I'll let y'all know so that I can help people who only have one room but want to veg and bloom at the same time.

the MH is fine for the clones, just keep them farther away, as you want low levels of light while it roots.

second.. in theory yes moving it like that should work, as long as the other closet has not a single light leak.

i agree with nibec but if wait a little while she would show you what she is research preflowers

Back
Top Bottom