SLO Home Invasion's Goal: Medical Marijuana

Wilbur

A recent home invasion robbery in San Luis Obispo has investigators believing the victims were specifically targeted. They say the robbers were after a stash of medical marijuana they knew was inside the home.

At around 10:00 p.m. Sunday night, three masked men forced their way into a home in the 1200 block of Fredericks Street.

One of the suspects was armed with a rifle, another with a baseball bat.

The suspects forced one of the victims to open a safe, containing marijuana and a large amount of money. After taking what was in the safe, the suspects then took personal items from the victims.

Those three suspects remain on the loose tonight. Police know very little about what they look like because the robbers were masks.

Police believe the house was targeted because of what was inside: two pounds of medical marijuana. They believe the robbers knew what they were looking for and exactly where to go to get it.

One of the victims who lives in the house is legally allowed to possess and cultivate medical marijuana and had the paperwork to prove it.

"We don't just take people's word for it," says Dan Blenke San Luis Obispo Police Department. "People have to be able to produce paperwork and then we could make follow-up phone calls or check with a police department in another jurisdiction and have them do some follow-up for us to make sure that the information that they're giving us is legitimate and that's what happened in this case."

In 1996, Proposition 215 was passed in California, making it one of 12 states where it's legal for certain people to possess and cultivate marijuana.

"The concept of medical marijuana is something that law enforcement is ... let's just say they're hostile to that idea fundamentally, because a big part of their job is marijuana prohibition," says attorney Louis Koory. "That's a big part of their job and that's a big part of their budget."

While medical marijuana is legal under state law, federal law doesn't see it that way. And that makes these cases frustrating for local police.

Since the victim was licensed to have marijuana, police do not plan to charge him with a crime.

If you have any information about this crime, call the San Luis Obispo Police Department.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: KSBY Spirit
Pubdate: 1 December 2006
Author: Stacy Daniel
Copyright: 2006 Local Solutions Network

User said:
Since the victim was licensed to have marijuana, police do not plan to charge him with a crime.

Shit I hope not for getting held at gun point, and having his meds stolen... Jesus. Does that mean that MMJ patients shouldn't call the cops cause they may get arrested.

Actually...I am in Arcata and there have been 2 similar armed home invasions this year. The Arcata Police say NO PROBLEM because they would rather catch the robbers than to investigate a legal grow. Hell...I paid taxes last year on sales to the dispensery(which is legal) I think it's paranoid (at least here) unless you want to protect yer grow with bigger guns?That's not cool! Nobody knows what you don't tell them:headbanger: don't show everyone yer stash! LEGALIZE IT...AND I'LL ADVERTIZE IT.

Exactly, if someone has the paperwork to prove their legal right for MMJ, then that individual should act responsibly and not Advertise it. Contrary to P. Tosh, however we should Legalize it!

Sabin said:
geese dude, were you blazin when you wrote the article??? LOL
QUOTE]

Hi Sabin,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the articles are culled from newsreports in the local of the incident. Our site, and Mr. User is finding and reprinting stories of interest to readers of 420times.

In my opinion any damage done (or future risk created) was by the initial report, (or KSBY reporter). I'd be more worried about the general population reading this, than our narrow (peaceful) demographic.

Just my opinion though.

A link to the original article is listed below

https://www.ksby.com/news/headlines/4795576.html

soniq420 said:
Sabin said:
geese dude, were you blazin when you wrote the article??? LOL
QUOTE]

Hi Sabin,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the articles are culled from newsreports in the local of the incident. Our site, and Mr. User is finding and reprinting stories of interest to readers of 420times.

In my opinion any damage done (or future risk created) was by the initial report, (or KSBY reporter). I'd be more worried about the general population reading this, than our narrow (peaceful) demographic.

Just my opinion though.

A link to the original article is listed below

https://www.ksby.com/news/headlines/4795576.html

Well said and absolutely correct.

don't ya just hate fuckin spammers. does this sorta shit really work? what a waste of time. ocassionally, and i'm not suggesting this, but i will click on a spam link and find a contact us link or email us link and i will spam them back. really long replies over and over again. it does no good but makes me feel better. but i'm not suggesting anyone do that. just a comment.

chronicreform said:
:hmmmm: after reading some of these posts to sell products,my next grow has to have a special identity.I think I'll call it SPAM WEED:cheesygrinsmiley:
so that means you will send me some unsolicited? :cheesygrinsmiley:

yeah....I'll wrap everything in brown paper and it's really the shit...unsolicited but organic? I wonder if they'd have this listed as 'eco-terrorism"

:hmmmm: Hey Zaperlos, don't dump your advertizing crap here on an MJ forum...you want to push sex products go to "Maxim"!!!:smokin: We're here to help each other and comment on stuff....not push your products:headbanger: :cough:

:bong: Cool, now back to where we were at; we can only hope that the MMJ patient is protected under Prop. 215 and recent initiatives that have passed to clear any gray areas of Prop. 215. Maybe the SLOPD can be visible around the area of the crime to deter anyone. If they are understanding then we should (with caution) ask for help. That's where you keep a copy of your medical file, MMJ Dr. Letter, and any Work Comp, State Disability, Work Retirement Plans, Social Security; get the picture? This will help the MMJ patients against the State of California.

Back
Top Bottom