Smoke Leads Police To Marijuana Lab

BluntKilla

A Hollywood home with $300,000 worth of marijuana almost went up in smoke Sunday night.

Shortly before 6 p.m., someone called to say there was smoke coming from a house in the 1500 block of North 70th Way, Hollywood police spokesman Capt. Tony Rode said. Responding firefighters and police saw no flames, but did see smoke inside, Rode said.

No one was home, and hurricane shutters covered some windows, Rode said. Firefighters went inside and saw a full-blown hydroponics lab, Rode said.

The lab included 75 adult marijuana plants and lots of wires. Some wires were exposed and may have caused the smoke, Rode said.

The plants had a street value of between $250,000 and $300,000, Rode said. Officers are investigating who was behind the lab, Rode said.

Florida Power & Light also is looking into whether the lab's creators stole electricity from neighbors or by tampering with meters, he said.

Newshawk: 420AM&PM - 420 Magazine
Source: Miami Herald ( FL )
Pubdate: Sep. 18, 2006
Author: DIANA MOSKOVITZ
Copyright: Copyright 2006 Miami Herald Media Co. All Rights Reserved
Website: MiamiHerald.com : Miami & Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Dolphins & More

Spliff Twister said:
I hate how they call it a lab, isnt graden a more proper term?
That bites......Blame the republican that wrote the article, she even used it three times....'labs creators.' That bites, I've never heard of a hydroponics lab before in my life, wtf is that?..........:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

exactly why i left florida!
i got busted with 4.20 grams of weed last year...
i was at a friend's house when they raided him for selling weed...
they searched my truck, because it was on the property they had a warrant for, and found my stash...
i went through 3 attorneys before i found the right one...
cost me $5000 and 6 months of hell...
but i got off... charges dropped...
they wanted to put me in jail for 90 days..
the first two lawyers wanted me to take the plea...lol
fuck that shit...
i'll never go back to florida until they get medical marijuana approved there..
:theband:

Whys this post in the cali section? I though i put it in the world wide news? And whys my name as the newshark but you got your name as that poster????????????

Back
Top Bottom