Soft White 2700k?

BigNastyNugs

I am new to this indoor growing thing and I recently put together a PC Grow Box. I am still in the development stages and was wondering the lights I have now are good enough to start my grow off.

Soft White 2700k

1750 lumens 26 watts x2

if not can someone point me in the proper direction plz.

I am new to this indoor growing thing and I recently put together a PC Grow Box. I am still in the development stages and was wondering the lights I have now are good enough to start my grow off.

Soft White 2700k

1750 lumens 26 watts x2

if not can someone point me in the proper direction plz.

Soft white 2700k is for flowering stage...Use daylight bulbs for veg....you can use both....for veg use more daylight lumens than soft lumens...for flowering use more soft lumens than daylight lumens...the more lumens the better the grow

Im on a very tight budget, but I think I have a good 'green thumb'. Ive grown reggies out door in the middle of winter but im just now working on a indoor experiment. I want to produce something small, maybe 12" tall that I can tinker with, maybe mate it and try to get something that is very resiliant for future PC grows. I am a avid smoker but for some reason I get more excited about seein the finish product rather then smoking. So I think that I will use a combo of 2 6500ks and 3-4 2700k. Also I find that if you are good with details its better to just obtain the raw nutrients and apply that way. But thats 1 opinion.

Im on a very tight budget, but I think I have a good 'green thumb'. Ive grown reggies out door in the middle of winter but im just now working on a indoor experiment. I want to produce something small, maybe 12" tall that I can tinker with, maybe mate it and try to get something that is very resiliant for future PC grows. I am a avid smoker but for some reason I get more excited about seein the finish product rather then smoking. So I think that I will use a combo of 2 6500ks and 3-4 2700k. Also I find that if you are good with details its better to just obtain the raw nutrients and apply that way. But thats 1 opinion.

If you are going to use both...pay attention to the lumens...

Lumen is a measure of light. I think he means kelvins (k's), which indicates the color spectrum or temperature (not heat) of the bulb. During veg you should use either 6-6500k's (or 4-6500k and 2-2700k's if you must) then reverse that for flowering, 6-2700k's (or 4-2700k and 2-6500k's if you must).

Lumen is a measure of light. I think he means kelvins (k's), which indicates the color spectrum or temperature (not heat) of the bulb. During veg you should use either 6-6500k's (or 4-6500k and 2-2700k's if you must) then reverse that for flowering, 6-2700k's (or 4-2700k and 2-6500k's if you must).

Right on ..Budbro:thumb::thumb:

Maybe not, the amount of watts you need is estimated by the square foot of your grow. How big of a growing space or you planning?

I plan to start them off in a smaller container tho, with 1-3 ins above. im working on something i can put right against the wall and plug in 2 CFLS. Ive sprouted one using this method but there is to much light leakage. RIght now Im using the same method with a sheet of relfective paper bouncing the light back down.

You can throw all the lumens you want at it, but if you are not using the right kelvins with cfl's during the different stages of growth you are seriously impacting your yield. Think about what mother nature does, very bright in the spring and summer (6500k), plants veg very well. In the fall and winter, the light is not as bright (2700k) and plants flower very well. If you use 6x26w 6500k's for veg, and 6x26w 2700k's for flowering you will be okay for the space you have.

Back
Top Bottom