SOG Vs. Longer Veg Time

neno83

I've been hearing that going for a sea of green is the best to do indoors but i was wondering if i grew 6-8 plants with about 6weeks of veg time would i get the same results. i would use bushmaster to stunt their vertical growth at about the fourth week and i would flower with a 400 watt hps. could it be done?

Yes, that is possible. Don't rely on bushmaster to stunt growth. If you do not want your plants to grow tall then try some low stress training (LST) or Screen of Green (SCROG). I only veg for 3-4 weeks and then 12/12 at 5-10" of height. It is very rare that I let a plant grow over 1ft. due to space constraints. If you have the room I would veg as long as possible and then flower. You will always get more bud when you veg longer. I am going to LST a Super Silver haze for 6 months in a 35-40 gallon container and throw that in my tent or outside to flower :smokin: Good Luck!

Yes, that is possible. Don't rely on bushmaster to stunt growth. If you do not want your plants to grow tall then try some low stress training (LST) or Screen of Green (SCROG). I only veg for 3-4 weeks and then 12/12 at 5-10" of height. It is very rare that I let a plant grow over 1ft. due to space constraints. If you have the room I would veg as long as possible and then flower. You will always get more bud when you veg longer. I am going to LST a Super Silver haze for 6 months in a 35-40 gallon container and throw that in my tent or outside to flower :smokin: Good Luck!

Damn dude. How are you going to move a container that large around?

I forgot to mention that most of my plants only grow 18-24" tall once done flowering with minimal side growth and mostly main cola. Here is a plant that is only 9 weeks from the day I placed the seed in the soil :

420mag_056.jpg

420mag_058.jpg

420mag_059.jpg

:ganjamon:

I would stay away from BushMaster like products. If you want to limit vertical growth then look into topping or LSTing to promote bushier growth. This is natural and not introducing weird hormones to your plant. My current grow I had the plants go 6 weeks of veg. I had 8 but 5 ended up being male. The 3 left did get pretty bushy so you need a decent amount of space.

I am going to use a 4wheel dollie with the pot screwed onto it. Same thing I saw at a local greenhouse. This makes moving in and out of my living room very easy. During the daylight hours this plant will be in my living room and once the sun goes down it will go in a back closet with a bunch of CFL's and a 400MH.

I find 2 gallon pots work great for me and allow enough plants to fit in my Habitat44 tent. It also limits the size of my plants.

oh...so bushmaster is out...weird hermones! man i used to swear by that stuff. so just top the plant? ok i have another ? how often do you do it and how many cuts do you do at a time. and also how much did you yield off of those three plants alone? thanks guys for all the help.

p.s. hey t i will definitly be looking forward to seeing pictures of incredible haulk! :ganjamon:

I cannot tell you what type of yield to expect. Even when you read the descriptions that breeders offer about their genetics please keep in mind that they are trying to sell you something so take what they say with a grain of salt when it comes to yield and flowering time. Marijuana is a live plant that has a "mind" of its own :rollit:Topping plants is a great way to keep height down butit also prolongs your vegging period :grinjoint: I like to smoke so I try and get my babies flowering within a month of the time I place the seed in the soil to germinate. Here go a few examples of what I have produced in the last few months:

1000w Hortilux HPS

Nirvana White Widow

12/12 from seed into 1 Gallon pot
FFOF Soil
Earth Juice Catalyst 1ml per gallon
Pura Vida Organic Bloom 1ml per gallon
Ph Adjusted Water
Yield : 22 grams dry weight bud

GreenHouse Seed Cheese

12/12 from seed into 2 Gallon pot
FFOF Soil
Ph Adjusted Water
Yield: 38 grams dry of dense and stinky buds

Barneys G13 Haze

12/12 from seed into 2 Gallon pot
FFOF Soil
Ph Adjusted Water
Yield : 25 grams dry bud

Remember that time does equal money so the longer you veg the more bud you will get :passitleft: Good Luck brother and keep the peace pipe rotating :bongrip:

thanks tony it's nice to know theres vets out there like yourself to help rookies like myself. i will take your advice and use it :clap:

I am far from a veteran :cool: but thank you !!!!

Hey guys when growing in sog i started flowering to 12/12 when my plants were at 18 inches tall they ended up to bushey and finished around 54 inches on northern lights, my question is at 12 inches would that be to short to flower they are clones and do you think id end up with to small of buds in 3 gal pots???? please help

Here is an example of my heavily trained plants that are vegged for about 7 weeks before flowering. All of the low branching and short stems between nodes is due to LST and not anything weird. Sure, it takes a little longer and a lot more training effort to grow plants like this, but I think the results are going to be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom