Soil temp

JWPcinders

Hello I felt my soil this morning and it was quite cool to the touch. My plants have germinated but my question is should I put a heat mat under them to warm the soil? Also should I plant these pellets into some solo cups now?

Attachments

• 12CA9AF5-BD1A-4BD4-98C6-5F6B7DD7A373.jpeg
    12CA9AF5-BD1A-4BD4-98C6-5F6B7DD7A373.jpeg
    648.5 KB · Views: 51
Hello I felt my soil this morning and it was quite cool to the touch. My plants have germinated but my question is should I put a heat mat under them to warm the soil? Also should I plant these pellets into some solo cups now?
I use jiffty pellets, i usually plant them in the pot when the first little root shows through the pellet. Until then i usually keep them in the propogator, vents open if leaves are showing like yours.
As for soil, it depends on your environmental temps, what could feel cold to the touch may be warm enough in the middle of the soil.best thing is to keep your pots off of cold floors, slightly elevated. If your room temps are ok, the pot soil should be ok.

I use jiffty pellets, i usually plant them in the pot when the first little root shows through the pellet. Until then i usually keep them in the propogator, vents open if leaves are showing like yours.
As for soil, it depends on your environmental temps, what could feel cold to the touch may be warm enough in the middle of the soil.best thing is to keep your pots off of cold floors, slightly elevated. If your room temps are ok, the pot soil should be ok.
Thanks for the info! I am going to plant them in solo cups tonight then. There is a single root popping out of a few of them. The couple that havent had a root show yet I will put in a cup as-well I am sure they will do fine!

If I plant them earlier before a root appears and it gets a little chilly, I put a clear plastic cup with holes in over the top like a dome, I've even seen people use clear sandwich bags(with holes) over the top. If room temps are good they'll be fine. :thumb:

If I plant them earlier before a root appears and it gets a little chilly, I put a clear plastic cup with holes in over the top like a dome, I've even seen people use clear sandwich bags(with holes) over the top. If room temps are good they'll be fine. :thumb:
The room temp should be about 71 and that is without the slight heat from two t5 bulbs over them

Back
Top Bottom