Soil?

some nice amendments to add to his mix and you're looking real good............the only he's missing that i'd make sure to add next time is dolimite lime that will act as your ph buffer guy's.remember every time you fertilize you are changing the ph balance in your soil if you don't have a buffer as some point in your grow you will most likely see a ph imbalance.other goodies to toss into bonger m ix are worm castings about a 2 inch layer on top of your soil will give you noticable improvement.the other thing i like to do is condition my for a day or 2 before i put down seed.i soak it in a mixuture of thrive+earth juice grow+earthjuice catalyst+epso grow.soak the soil twice with a bunch let dry til it's a nice damp consistancy and let mother nature do the rest.good luck

1shyof10

soils

el grand verde said:
i need soil help, easy, simple, mixes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any help would be great, thanx

i use #4sunshine mix w/20% mushroom compost&20% worm castings some allpurpose 20-20-20. my plants r better than my teachers.mychorrizial
organisms 4 root production [plantrevolution.com]in pots that r preformed , made of paper . 10 gal. makes 4 a big plant and sweeeeeeeeeeet.
try w/ p-91 its the only way ,or it tastes like cat piss smells

keep it simple

Try 50/50 sand and compost,It is the best but heavy in pots.It drains well,and if you use your own compost nothing else is needed.

Cheap method, if you want to promote airation of the roots and drainage of the soil you can mix into the soil 10/90 of polystyrene balls (bean bag filling) available in garden centres in huge bags for next to nothing. It's light and can cause movement in soil when overused and waterd heavy so dont use any more than 10/90.
Gives your roots that extra bit of soil to eat and is perfectly smooth on roots.

Check what PH level your variety of plant prefers to grow in, and visit your local garden center or DIY store you will find there own brand (cheap) compost is usually within your plants PH requirements.

Weed will grows in mud and sand, there REALLY is no need for expensive gimic soils.
Just use something with the right PH and PEST free!

Oh yeah sod Pots buy some much cheaper buckets or plastic waste paper bins from a skanky cheapstore and drill loads of holes in the bottom and sides.
There made much thicker making them far more durable and provide more insulation to keep soil warm on cold nights.

use only stelialized (or however it's spelled) soil!
Otherwise you can get bugs to eat you precious

Base mix:
1/3 mushroom compost
1/3 Peat Moss
1/3 Coco Coir

Amendments 1 TBS each:
Alfalfa Meal
High N guano
Bone Meal or soft rock phosphate
High P guano
Kelp Meal
Green Sand
and lime

to that i mix in landscaping bark for aeration and let sit for two weeks, turning it once a day and spit in there when you turn it to get the bacteria going strong. Just make sure you didn't just brush or use mouthwash.

Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

Back
Top Bottom