Soil?

bubbajake420

what type of dirt should i buy? like soil with additives in already, or just plain jane dirt from my backyard? was just wondering any help would be greatly appreciated

-bubba

I like Sta-green for 12dollars for 2-3 cubic feet works for me.
Just stay away from the "Feeds for 9 months" types.
They can lockup on you,
there are also the problems new users have with balancing ferts with these types of soil.

On the High dollar end, Fox Farms :cheesygrinsmiley:

What you are looking for is a potting soil-mix, not dirt. A decent soil-mix should contain peat, worm castings, and perlite. It may also contain dolomite lime to stabilize pH and/or other nutritional amendments such as bat guano, kelp meal, bone and blood meal.

A good starting soil-mix common in most stores is Pro-Mix BX Seed and Clone. :peace:

you can order a 1.5 cubic bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest, which is HIGHly recommended by all kinds of people on this site. they have all the ingredients that RooRman mentioned, and its pH balanced between 6.3 and 6.8, ideal for indoor soil growers. now i don't know what shipping would be, but any local hydro store should have it. if you have a hydro store around your area its nice, but even if you have to drive a little bit, it's worth it. you need to familiarize yourself with all of the products that are offered.
i bought FFOF for my next grow from my hydro shop, and surprisingly it was the same price that was given on the internet.

i have used MG time release for my last 2 grows, which happen to be my only 2 grows, and i've had success, but only w/ the help of people like McBudz, and Stix, and RooRman. not that they use time release soil, but the shared knowledge lets you figure some of the stuff out for yourself.

pretty soon you'll get addicted to this website and you'll be reading threads from years ago!! good luck with everything.

you can order a 1.5 cubic bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest, which is HIGHly recommended by all kinds of people on this site. they have all the ingredients that RooRman mentioned, and its pH balanced between 6.3 and 6.8, ideal for indoor soil growers. now i don't know what shipping would be, but any local hydro store should have it. if you have a hydro store around your area its nice, but even if you have to drive a little bit, it's worth it. you need to familiarize yourself with all of the products that are offered.
i bought FFOF for my next grow from my hydro shop, and surprisingly it was the same price that was given on the internet.

i have used MG time release for my last 2 grows, which happen to be my only 2 grows, and i've had success, but only w/ the help of people like McBudz, and Stix, and RooRman. not that they use time release soil, but the shared knowledge lets you figure some of the stuff out for yourself.

pretty soon you'll get addicted to this website and you'll be reading threads from years ago!! good luck with everything.
Lol I’m reading yours now

Back
Top Bottom