Someone please help! powdery mildew on flowering plants!

jessl19

so my plants have been flowering for longer than a month now and i just noticed white spots growing all over my plants..so i went to home hardware and bought this stuff called garden fungicide by green earth.. i sprayed down my plants with it to help the mildew go away.. is it bad that i sprayed the buds too? ..will it be harmful to smoke now? this is the stuff i bought
garden_fungicide.jpg

It's a liquid sulfer compound, Leave it for a day or so, then spray it off with R/O water.

spray the leaves with potassium bicarbonate

Potassium bicarbonate (also known as potassium hydrogen carbonate or potassium acid carbonate) is a crystalline salt found in baking powder and antacids.

The following is a recipe from the Dirt Doctor for a fungicidal spray.
Use either baking soda or potassium bicarbonate.
Mix 4 teaspoons of baking soda
and 1 tablespoon of horticulture oil
with 1 gallon of water.
Spray lightly on the leaves of the plant with black spots, powdery mildew, brown patches and other fungal disease.
Do not pour directly onto the soil.
if you don’t have any horticultural oil available, just use citrus oil and molasses instead.

potassium bicarbonate against powdery-mildew

Milk is also an option, if it's sunny.

milk–diluted with water to a 10-percent solution has been shown to be effective against PM in vineyards

Milk will only work on a sunny day or under lights, because it needs uv light to be effective

dairy-solution-mildew

Crisp recommends using dry-milk powder–15 grams for every liter of water. So far, he finds, this formulation appears to work on all surface mildews.

Try not to spray anything on the flowers.

So Jess,Is this a outside grow? Because it sure looks like bird droppings to me. I freaked when i first saw this on my garden. as far as worrying about smoking it after you sprayed it with that fungiside sp? Just give it some time and it should disapate. Take a deep breath Jess,This dosn't look life threating to me. I too worry myself sick about my garden but most of it it just that.... WORRY...Your girls look healthy and in a month? or so you will have some great smoke...Hang on man,Red

i had to harvest my one plant cause the mold was starting to spread to the buds ..the other ..i think it will be okay it looks like the mold cleared up

Back
Top Bottom