Something is wrong with my Diamond in the Rough: does anyone know what this is?

Mountainman80

Hi I'm hsbeing some trouble with my plant just noticed this ..this morning I flushed.her good.pH in the soil.is.6.8 temps arnt to bad/80-82. I'm giveing her calmag in every jug water I use this issue just started help.would be appreciated.

20221012_115815.jpg

It looks to me that your humidity may be too low for how close your light is. What is your RH? Try raising both the humidity, to about 60 or more and raise the light a bit. If they respond then let them destress for 7-10 days to grow some new undamaged sets of leaves and slowly adjust RH down, in small 1% increments 48 hours apart until the leaves start praying to the light. Once you find the sweet spot for rh then lower your light a bit again in increments, and every time you lower the light raise RH a few points. Then slowly lower RH again until you need to lower the light. Rinse and repeat as the grow moves along. Babies need 60% or better, seedlings closer to 70%. At about 8 weeks old you should be down to about 55% and ready to start flower. In flower you should be about 50-54% until the last couple weeks when you can lower the humidity a bit more. Never go below 48% until you really have it figured out and really if you only get your RH down to 50% You will have a fantastic crop. Below 50 gets really dicey really quick for only a marginal improvement in yield. Do a bit of reading on VPD. Its a deep rabbit hole but just its basics will give you a great idea of how and why this happened.

It looks to me that your humidity may be too low for how close your light is. What is your RH? Try raising both the humidity, to about 60 or more and raise the light a bit. If they respond then let them destress for 7-10 days to grow some new undamaged sets of leaves and slowly adjust RH down, in small 1% increments 48 hours apart until the leaves start praying to the light. Once you find the sweet spot for rh then lower your light a bit again in increments, and every time you lower the light raise RH a few points. Then slowly lower RH again until you need to lower the light. Rinse and repeat as the grow moves along. Babies need 60% or better, seedlings closer to 70%. At about 8 weeks old you should be down to about 55% and ready to start flower. In flower you should be about 50-54% until the last couple weeks when you can lower the humidity a bit more. Never go below 48% until you really have it figured out and really if you only get your RH down to 50% You will have a fantastic crop. Below 50 gets really dicey really quick for only a marginal improvement in yield. Do a bit of reading on VPD. Its a deep rabbit hole but just its basics will give you a great idea of how and why this happened.
Whemnu sleek of RH wat.do.u meen I raised my light.about 6 inch's higher few min ago now its about 26-27/inch's away from them I flushed her too pH of the soil is 6.7 the humidity. In there is low because of my exssust in runs.for.30min.off.for.30min.I'd say its 36% if.not.lower I don't.have any way checking that

Rh room.humidity ?/

Sorry RH =relative humidity. At 35% thats your problem for sure. The dry air sucks moisture and the light drives the plant so together the plant gets revved too high and the leaves start to cup upwards and dry out. Raising the light slows it down and raising the humidity slows it down. Can you get a cheap plastic seed tray with a dome cover? If so try that with the vents fully open and see if it helps. Also try setting your exhaust to only vent 5 minutes per hour for a few days and see if you can get your humidity up. For a plant that young you should try for 60% humidity. I have put plants into milk crates and then the milk crates into clear garbage bags almost fully closed many times and they recover nicely, just dont let the bag touch the plant and vent the bags fully every day.

Sorry RH =relative humidity. At 35% thats your problem for sure. The dry air sucks moisture and the light drives the plant so together the plant gets revved too high and the leaves start to cup upwards and dry out. Raising the light slows it down and raising the humidity slows it down. Can you get a cheap plastic seed tray with a dome cover? If so try that with the vents fully open and see if it helps. Also try setting your exhaust to only vent 5 minutes per hour for a few days and see if you can get your humidity up. For a plant that young you should try for 60% humidity. I have put plants into milk crates and then the milk crates into clear garbage bags almost fully closed many times and they recover nicely, just dont let the bag touch the plant and vent the bags fully every day.
OK what if I change my timmer on my exssust from 30min off to smn hour off and sprsy the walls my grow u thinkit would bring the humidity up or should I shut my exssust off completely it keeps the air from getting stale I always grew auto flowrs never had this.problem before until I got new light its super intemce for what.it is its bp1000 only 105watt pull.from the wall.but.its relly intence so I sjusted it up may need to sjust it little.more.have to wait and see

I actually almost asked you if you just got a new light lol. Its usually behind this problem. I have an led light and when I put a plant that small under it I raise it to 6 ft. A plant that small and really all the way through veg, or deep into veg, is better, in my opinion, under flourescents. I use sunblaster t5s myself. Veg is all about growing roots, lots of them. You dont want your foliage to get too big or you just have to cut it back. Throwing foliage away means you wasted nutrients from your soil. With photo-period seeds you should always wait at least 8 weeks, and longer for some sativas, before you flip to flower. If you flip to flower sooner it will work just fine but your yield and resin amounts will be less. So in those 8 weeks your plant is going to get huge if you push it and you just cut it all back anyways to make it fit under the light in flower. Try your old light for veg and once the plant is doing good slowly introduce it to the new light and set the new light much higher. As for raising your RH don't turn your exhaust completely off. That will create other problems. Just set it to vent 5 minutes per hour, place a few 5gal buckets of water in the tent where a fan can blow across them, and watch your humidity. If it gets too high use the fan to lower it but keep a bucket or 2 of water in the tent if you have room. It will get to a great temp to water your plants with. If you want to give yourself a project research VPD, but read lots of different articles before you experiment with it. You will find most articles are different from each other but just keep reading and you will start to see the real patterns with it. Knowing vpd will eliminate almost all problems, or at least teach you how to correct them asap. So for now raise that new light really high or use the old one, and turn your exhaust way down but not off. Then watch for 3 to 5 days and see what happens. Dont pluck the damaged leaves. Watch and see if they get worse. They wont get better they are scarred but new growth should look alot better. Shoot for 62% humidity.

I actually almost asked you if you just got a new light lol. Its usually behind this problem. I have an led light and when I put a plant that small under it I raise it to 6 ft. A plant that small and really all the way through veg, or deep into veg, is better, in my opinion, under flourescents. I use sunblaster t5s myself. Veg is all about growing roots, lots of them. You dont want your foliage to get too big or you just have to cut it back. Throwing foliage away means you wasted nutrients from your soil. With photo-period seeds you should always wait at least 8 weeks, and longer for some sativas, before you flip to flower. If you flip to flower sooner it will work just fine but your yield and resin amounts will be less. So in those 8 weeks your plant is going to get huge if you push it and you just cut it all back anyways to make it fit under the light in flower. Try your old light for veg and once the plant is doing good slowly introduce it to the new light and set the new light much higher. As for raising your RH don't turn your exhaust completely off. That will create other problems. Just set it to vent 5 minutes per hour, place a few 5gal buckets of water in the tent where a fan can blow across them, and watch your humidity. If it gets too high use the fan to lower it but keep a bucket or 2 of water in the tent if you have room. It will get to a great temp to water your plants with. If you want to give yourself a project research VPD, but read lots of different articles before you experiment with it. You will find most articles are different from each other but just keep reading and you will start to see the real patterns with it. Knowing vpd will eliminate almost all problems, or at least teach you how to correct them asap. So for now raise that new light really high or use the old one, and turn your exhaust way down but not off. Then watch for 3 to 5 days and see what happens. Dont pluck the damaged leaves. Watch and see if they get worse. They wont get better they are scarred but new growth should look alot better. Shoot for 62% humidity.
Will give it a try but iv put my old lights in storage up for sale they lost par over 5,/,years of use I went with quantum board this time just upgrade now the light is 26,/inch's above them my other seed popped up over night I believe to dry like u said thank you for all information u helped me with ✌🤙👊

Will give it a try but iv put my old lights in storage up for sale they lost par over 5,/,years of use I went with quantum board this time just upgrade now the light is 26,/inch's above them my other seed popped up over night I believe to dry like u said thank you for all information u helped me with ✌🤙👊
I do have fish fertilizer on hand to use

Back
Top Bottom