South Koreans debate marijuana issue

Hash

Seoul, South Korea - South Korea's Drug-Related Criminology Institute has held a debate in Seoul about ways to control marijuana for policy recommendations.

Many in the institute cited a report by the U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse that said the side effects of marijuana are far fewer than those of other narcotics, including nicotine, the Korea Times reported Saturday.

"An individual has the right to control his body as long as he does not damage society's ethics. Banning the smoking of marijuana, which is less harmful than other narcotics, is in violation of the constitutional right to pursue happiness," said lawyer Kim Sung-jin.

However, others argued marijuana contains harmful ingredients and causes hallucinations.

"In small doses, users experience changed senses and in large doses, they suffer from hallucinations and can't concentrate," professor of Uiduk University Choi Yong-min said. "Its abuse can also cause mental diseases such as anxiety disorder."

This story is no longer available - Washington Times

South Korea 1975 Marijuana laws

I had the dubbius honor of teaching Air Defence Commo & Radar tec's to maintain & repair new Radar & Mars equipment in So.Korea, On top of big big mountains .. At that time you could buy Weeds by the duffle bag for $10.00 bucks anywhere in country,not that it was the best weed you ever smoked but most times it was OK !! At this time $10.00 bucks to a korean farmer was a fortune,if he could sell 10 duffle bags of good weed to G.I.s in a year thats more profit then the family would make in 3 years off of farm normally .. $3.00 to $5.00 got you a short time & bath with a bar girl{a quickie},$8.00 to $10.00 got you a all nite with bath and breakfast in bed next morning,$35.00 to $50.00 a month depending on how nice a house you wished got you a Nice looking educated girl that did'nt turn tricks,kept your home just too clean,Supper on the table when walk in from work,Never whines if your budds stop by to toke up,Serves them cold beer with a polite smile,makes them feel at home,most rolled a good joint lol !! And the Hottest girls prefered Stoner Guys over drinkers & pill heads cause Stoners hardly ever abused them,and in general were more generous & careing .. In the 10 months I lived ther with Suki she went to college 3 days aweek,helped her mother,took care of me .. And I was allways coming home to 4 or 5 college girls smokeing my dope and eating my ice cream lol.. Other guys allways wanting a hook up and Suki loved playing match maker .. But the U.S.Army in its infinant wisdom said these fucking dope smoking G.I.s are haveing to much fun .. So they made a policey change Any Girl suspected of Marijuana use could not return to U.S.A. with G.I. In turn Korean Government made it illegal to sell marijuana to Americans under threat of life in prisonment to beheading in public .. This in turn made costs encrease, Instead of a duffle bag full you got a 5 finger lid{baggy full 4 fingers & thumb high} for same price .. But Korean police would'nt bother you on private property .. Government ruins most good things ..

Back
Top Bottom