Square pots

mcrog

Where did you get your square pots? I went to the home depot and they only had decorative ones that were not as cheap as I expected. Anyone find these on the cheap?

7 gallon Smart pots are like 6-8 bucks, reuseable and work great.

The air flow through the sides make for some very healthy root systems.. I just pulled mine and was amazed at how clean, white and thick the roots where!

I don't work for them in nay way, just think it's hard to beat for soil gorws!

do u still put rocks in the bottom to aid in drainage? If so what kind?

Im sure you could, but as these have such great air flow directly through the sides, there would be no need.

You use rocks, why?

I bought planters from home depot and just have tiny drain holes, and was told to put gravel in the bottom or it wouldn't drain properly. Plus they were like 10 bucks per. I don't suppose there'd be light damage to the roots if the holes are in the sides of the smartpots?

Heya Breakpoint, not sure what your asking here? There are no holes in the smart pots, well really there are, just microscopic. You end up with both air and water being able to enter and or exit form the entire pot structure.

I have only harvested once with these, the root systems were amazingly clean and healthy looking(really looked like hydro roots). There was no massive tangle of root balls, just long clean ropes of roots.

I am now looking for something like a bread rack that you see in the grocery store bread isle. want to be able to use the full benefit of these pots, the ability to get air under the pots.
Full air flow around , under and on top keeps the roots "Air trimmed"!

I pay less for 7 gallon smart pots than you did on plastic ones. These are also reusable, must knock/scrub/shake/brush out all the old roots and dirt, then wash in a machine, no need to dry as it will air dry in a matter of minutes.

I have re-used a few , but they do start to lose their structural integrity after a washing.

I have decided to retire them after the second use, then they can be used for an out door grow in my elevated garden, for veggies!

All in all I have been very happy with them, and will continue to use them ..exclusively!

Go to a real nursery. They are under a buck. Go to a hydro store or order them online.
If you order them online, have them sent to the home of a trusted friend or family member, especially if you are doing an "At Home Study". If you purchase from a nursery or hydroponics store, pay with cash. It's better to be safe than sorry...:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom