Starting A Grow Rm, Any Suggestions?

Dutchess420

Here is what I plan to get to grow:

General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro

HM Digital TDS-EZ Meter/Tester, Water/ppm/Purity/Filter

HTG Supply - 4" Inline Duct Fanshop this store

HTG Supply - Growbright 6 Inch Clip-On Fanshop this store

Stealth Hydroponics, Inc -DWC Basic Kit

LEDwholesalers GYO1001 62-Inch x 36-Inch x 20-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent

Acu Rite Indoor Humidity Monitor

Poolmaster 18307 Basic Floating Thermometer

90 Watt Advance Spectrum Tri-Band LED Grow Light U.F.O. Kit GrowAce.comshop this store

Ph Control Kit

Here is what I plan to get to grow:

General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro

HM Digital TDS-EZ Meter/Tester, Water/ppm/Purity/Filter

HTG Supply - 4" Inline Duct Fanshop this store

HTG Supply - Growbright 6 Inch Clip-On Fanshop this store

Stealth Hydroponics, Inc -DWC Basic Kit

LEDwholesalers GYO1001 62-Inch x 36-Inch x 20-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent

Acu Rite Indoor Humidity Monitor

Poolmaster 18307 Basic Floating Thermometer

90 Watt Advance Spectrum Tri-Band LED Grow Light U.F.O. Kit GrowAce.comshop this store

Ph Control Kit

First and formost before I read anymore, I would advise against the FloraNova. I have had serious issues with erratic pH and it nearly caused the loss of everything that was grown with it.

Now, I'll read the rest, and edit this post in a minute.

Everything else seems okay. I assume this will be a Hydroponic grow, since there was an absence of a soil mention. Which style? Deep Water Culture (DWC)? Recirculating Drip? Ebb and Flow?

First and formost before I read anymore, I would advise against the FloraNova. I have had serious issues with erratic pH and it nearly caused the loss of everything that was grown with it.

Now, I'll read the rest, and edit this post in a minute.

Everything else seems okay. I assume this will be a Hydroponic grow, since there was an absence of a soil mention. Which style? Deep Water Culture (DWC)? Recirculating Drip? Ebb and Flow?

Its DWC. I plan to germinate the seed in the Rockwool. I'm trying to create a schedule for daily/weekly maintenance of a DWC system that includes feeding plants and cleaning the system. I will post when its done for your opinion.

How about FoxFarm Nutes?

Hehe, well, since you asked......

Corey of @Blue Planet Nutrients is a sponsor here.

You will not find better. Nor will you find better support from any nutrient company. He gives it here... in your thread. Just ask him and he responds. done.

Here's his sales site. Helping Professional Growers Succeed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Click on BPN Army in my signature for all the journals here using it and then decide. I also have a review up. It's a three parter and two parts are done with the last part to be up this month.

thinking of using CFLs to supplement my 90watt LED. Question: Can i buy a regular desk lamp and put a CFL in it, and aim it directly @ the plant to promote growth or do yo need special ballasts an thing? I seen this light @ a local hydro store:Agrosun Dayspot Grow Light Kit, 60W. DO you think this would be good for growing. I want to make sure I have almost everything right for my first grow, cuz i know i cant get everything right the first time:blushsmile:

Hoping to get some more advice from all the growers out there

thinking of using CFLs to supplement my 90watt LED. Question: Can i buy a regular desk lamp and put a CFL in it, and aim it directly @ the plant to promote growth or do yo need special ballasts an thing? I seen this light @ a local hydro store: Agrosun Dayspot Grow Light Kit, 60W. DO you think this would be good for growing. I want to make sure I have almost everything right for my first grow, cuz i know i cant get everything right the first time:blushsmile:

Hoping to get some more advice from all the growers out there

For one plant you could do pretty well with that, but I'd suggest 100+ watt CFL to put in it. Max out the wattage posted inside the hood on the sticker.

EDIT: WAIT! That's incandescent?!?! no... it won't work... you get by replacing the incandescent with the max that hood can handle CFL... maybe.

Get his instead for Veg. T5 2' Single Fluorescent Fixture with Bulb and Reflector

i use CFL's for my grows and have had very good results...so the 90 watt LED with a few CFL's pointing at ur plant should work fine. you should start a journal. i'm curious about the LED's i may try one ...or 2 my next grow

Any suggestions for CFL set ups? im not really a DIYer so pre-made or easy to set up options are the best for me. How many CFLs would you suggest for 4 plants?

would these kind of sockets simply hanging from the top of the tent be a good choice?(I like the idea of just screwing in the bulb and plugging the socket into a grounded power strip) I would get "y" splitters for more bulbs in one space, I assume? Please let me know trying to start a grow for as cheap as I can. If I can find CFLs for cheaper and have low power consumption and heat I might save the LED for my next grow.

Happily awaiting wise wisdom

ok since ur not a "DIYer"...lol here is a cheep easy set up
DSCN11995.JPG
DSCN12003.JPG

these little sockets sell at home depo for a couple of bucks...just plug em into an extension cord an hang em... with CFL's i find they can burn the plants if they get too close, but they need to be fairly close for maxim effectiveness...but the up side is they are cheep to run...i use anywhere from 4-16 bulbs at a time and for a 4 month grow cycle it averages about 12-15 dollars a month..
not sure if my wise wisdom is all that wise or if it's even wisdom, it's all a learning process and i'm still learning...good luck

Back
Top Bottom