Starting clones question, aerogarden

Frankster

420 Member
Alright, I come across this areogarden for a good price $20 and i was wondering if I would be better off not adding nutes to the water for the first ten days or so, until my roots are extablished? Also, I noticed I need to cover these holes well to keep the light out. There is no airstone on this unit, but it seems to have decient aeration since you have 7 places were water is free falling into the unit. I suppose I will buy a pump and air stone for the unit. Temperature is also a concern, will I get rootlets started at 60-65 deg F (15.5-18 C)? Thanks for the help fella's:love:

You'll be alright not using nutes for the first few days if you want. I start using them right away and haven't had problems. If they're seedlings then you can go off nutes for the first couple of weeks as they get what they need from the cotyledons, if they're clones you can wait until they bounce back so as to not stressing them while they recover.
Roots are going to establish and grow regardless of you using nutes or not.
Get a pump and airstone. Also cover the holes. light getting in will lead to algae growth and excess evaporation. Also having an opening may allow bugs to enter and lay eggs (as thrips do)

As for the temps, the water temp should be at about that, but this winter I had problems getting the clones to root (they all died) under temps a little lower than that (environment, not water), so you might wanna look into that.

Good luck and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom