DWC Question

cannilingus

Hi all! hope all are well, in this new year! I have been doing soil/soiless, for about 8 years now. I am going to try, dwc. A qwestion. Does haveing a zillion tiny bubbles, help grouth, anymore, in a five gallon unit, than, say, just straight air, thru the 1/2 inch fitting? I looked at a couple. one is preety nice looking, with tiny bubbles, in a 3.5 gallon unit. from modular hydro. the other, is a nice looking five gallon unit, that apparently just pushes the air thru the water level tube, into the bottom of the bucket. this one they call ROOT SPA 5.
Since i am changing up a bit on my cloneing, to an airiated tray, to speed up clones, and better survival, i thought about cutting down on my soil grow, and just trying a dwc bucket, under one of my two lights. also, i think i will have to build a support, for the dwc plant, using half inch pvc pipe. and then i hear the plant will just push it up off the floor. lol. i have a cement floor. so. thats another issue. anyway, thanks for the advice on the "with or without" airstones.

As many bubbles as possible. Your pump moves a given volume of air. The smaller the bubbles, the greater the surface area. Increasing surface area increases the amount of dissolved O2. An air stone is a good investment. Good luck!

i will be getting my air mat, for my 20x9 black tray, and rafts to hold the clones. im undecided, if i want to try the dwc. sounds like alot of work, from what ive read. im hoping the emitter, from modular hydro, will speed up my roots on my clones. have five, unsexed plants in veg. i need to take cuttings off them, insure they will survive, and dump the plants i get em off, into bloom. three chrystal, from nirvana, and, two of their mystery seeds.

Back
Top Bottom