5 gallon bucket DWC

Flowertime

This is my first attempt at DWC but have many years of experience growing in soil. My question is how many gallons of water do I need in a 5 gallon bucket with the snap basket with the clay pebbles in it. This plant has been sprouted since the beginning of February and does have roots to the bottom. I started this thing in a starter cube and I took a large empty folgers coffee container and cut a small 1 inch square hole in the lid and pushed the cube into it and then I used an extra aquarium air pump and a pencil sized air stone in it and started this thing. Once it sprouted and had exposed roots coming out the sides of the cube I transplanted into a solo cup with aquarium gravel and the cube. "The cup was pierced multiple times". I cut a hole in the original lid to except the solo cup and grew it until it had a significant amount of roots. I then got the correct lid and the correct nutrients, air pump, stone, and hydroguard for the brown roots that where starting to develop.
Do I really need to mix 3 gallons or can I get by with just mixing 2 since I do have a good root mass? P.s. the burnt leaves are from lifting it up and touching it to the light accidentally because of trying to video with only one hand.
15837627234625104323757011252652.jpg
1583762765818349370494167623584.jpg

At that stage, I'll refill to about 2-3" below the bottom of the net pot

Don't think it's healthy to have all the roots, exposed, for long periods of time, as in not in water

Back
Top Bottom