Stick bugs: do they eat cannabis?

Oldgrowth

Stick bugs eat plants, unlike the praying mantis an insect with which some people confuse them. They have become rather abundant in San Diego, a large invader from India destructive to many listed plants, many ornamentals. Anyone out there familiar with em and what might control the large critters?

They eat only plants Blew. These Indian invaders are relatively large but Ive not seen evidence of any preferences for cannabis leaves. They have a wide variety of plant choices out back. I also grow more than I can consume personally so there's enough for me, potential cannabis pests, and the helpful insects that will consume them like assassin bugs, spiders and mantises. Altho I reflect on the expanse of green out back as a peaceable kingdom, the goings on inside the plants, too lush to be visible from the outside, are likely far from peaceable, a struggle for survival.

A followup on Sticky. Recently I spied a stickbug carapace swinging in the breezes attached under a lawn chair quite securely to a brown widow's messy web. What a feast for that lucky spider1

Back
Top Bottom